People At Oil Change Places Amaze Me

I won't take my car to any lube shop of the sort I'll do it myself.

I won't anymore.

First, the guy doesn't even know what kind of Truck I was driving. ('88 Bronco II)

The he proceeds to tell me that my engine only needs 4 Quarts of oil and he put 4 1/2 in and it still isn't reading full on the dipstick.

Then he asks me if that was the right dipstick. :rolleyes:

I'm doing my own oil changes from now on.

I've got a question? How can you drain the oil put a new filter on, put the plug in and slam the hood? Am I the only one that puts a quart in the filter before screwing it on and dabbing it around the O-ring on the filter so they come off easier? I mean honestly it's a simple process. Drain oil, remove filter, replace drain plug, fill filter with oil, lube o-ring, screw filter on, then since you've already opened a quart any competent person puts the other 4 in.

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

I've got a question? How can you drain the oil put a new filter on, put the plug in and slam the hood? Am I the only one that puts a quart in the filter before screwing it on and dabbing it around the O-ring on the filter so they come off easier? I mean honestly it's a simple process. Drain oil, remove filter, replace drain plug, fill filter with oil,lube o-ring, screw filter on, then since you've already opened a quart any competent person puts the other 4 in.

you probably are.. this is the first that i heard about it..

i never replace my drag plug (at least not since i owned it), but i did replace the drain plug gasket/washer/o ring.. (whatever you wanna call it).. then lube up the rubber o ring on the filter and never filled and oil filter before slapping it..

Edited by Ipod

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

I meant put the drain plug back in not physically go buy a new one. And I usually always put oil into the filter. I guess it's all in the way you learn.

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35