Well I'm 17 soon to turn 18, just graduated highschool, and I'm kinda stuck. I don't know what to do. I do know that I need to go to college. But its just overwhelming how to get started. I dk what to do. I'm already signed up at the local community college all I have to do is go get my schedule sometime. But I just don't feel like this is what i want. My sister who lives in columbus offered me to stay at her place for $300 a month, she has an extra bedroom and such, all i'd have to do is pay her every month and pay for gas to go to school. I'm just afraid that financially I can't do it, I'm so afraid of going into debt 50-60k just for school. I want to go to devry in columbus but its very expensive. But at the same time i feel that if I just settle for a community college education that I'm not going to get anywhere. I dk I just feel so confused, and I feel like there is so much stuff I have to do in order to go to college :wacko:

Where should I start? I know alot of people have told me that if they were my age again they would do it different than the way they did. I want to do it right, no regrets.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Well I'm 17 soon to turn 18, just graduated highschool, and I'm kinda stuck. I don't know what to do. I do know that I need to go to college. But its just overwhelming how to get started. I dk what to do. I'm already signed up at the local community college all I have to do is go get my schedule sometime. But I just don't feel like this is what i want. My sister who lives in columbus offered me to stay at her place for $300 a month, she has an extra bedroom and such, all i'd have to do is pay her every month and pay for gas to go to school. I'm just afraid that financially I can't do it, I'm so afraid of going into debt 50-60k just for school. I want to go to devry in columbus but its very expensive. But at the same time i feel that if I just settle for a community college education that I'm not going to get anywhere. I dk I just feel so confused, and I feel like there is so much stuff I have to do in order to go to college :wacko:

Where should I start? I know alot of people have told me that if they were my age again they would do it different than the way they did. I want to do it right, no regrets.

Student loans have like no interest, and scholarships are a dime a dozen...Good luck bro...

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

i just went through this

got into college, chose a major, set everything up, made all the decisions

then this summer get an internship and realize theres no way im working behind a desk

that didnt even last two weeks before i walked out.

you kinda have to just dive in and see what happens. I cant really advise against college, especially going away, its mad fun. The debt isnt cool, but it pays for itself in a matter of years. Just make sure that whatever field you go into, you can actually stay in, theres a decent chance that im gonna end up with a business administration major and marketing minor and just be selling crap the rest of my life because its so much more fun.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

a community college is a great way to start man... you wont be shorting youself 1 bit believe me...its all the same shit the teachers have all the same dedication to students and at some schools even more than the big named schools...and besides your first two years of college is a bunch of bullshit anyways the last two are the ones people look at most...what would you rather pay...40000 dollars for 2 bullshit years or 3000 dollars for 2 bullshit years? and unless you are unhuman you are bound to fuck up at least 1 semester when you first start school so hell why not go for the cheaper option eh? but if you got your mind set to jumpin into a big school balls deep just out of highschool by all means get it done boi but this is just my 2 pennys its all up to you to make your decision meng...its overwhelming at first but youll get the flow quick believe me i did.

I wanted a good entry level system...Kenwood KVT-512 7 inch touch screen.Went with alpine... 2 Type R 15's @ 4ohms powered by 2 MRP-M1000 amps, dual 2 farad caps, Type R 6x9's and 5x1/4's, Optima battery and HO Alt soon to come. All in the back off my 03 Pontilac bonneville. Simple but effective.

military, see the world on uncle sam's dime, earn money for school?

just a suggestion

Agreed, and the military pays for most (if not all) of your school.

and you can take a job that can be used in the real world too.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

i feel you big time on not knowing what to do, i just finished my 1st year at community college, its not cheap and nor is it easy to find out what you want to do....but if you think about it, its always a win win in college, your always helping yourself go forward, furthering yourself educationally, im still yet to find out what i want to do for a major so im still doing general classes....its helping me with what i want to do for a major but nothing is easy.....also about the money, try for EVERY grant you can get....spend a whole damn day just searching for them, student loans are not bad either, also (this is not easy) but work during school..... its harder scheduling your classes aroudn it but at least your not just letting all the debt grow and grow

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

community college is a good way to start, just make sure that whatever classes you take at the community level are going to be 100% accepted at the 4 year school you want to go to...a lot of people get the shaft when transferring and you end up re-taking the same classes cause they were rejected

Signed up for fafsa today, and my mom said because of my dads disability it may give me more money for school. I think I'm going to go balls deep and just go for DeVry. I definitely do not want anything to do with the armed forces its just not what I want to do at all.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.