Question About Compressor In A/c Compressor Location

My step daughters bf came over with his new 1994 s10 he bought for like $1k its bagged all around, but missing the compressor and to me looked like it was missing the air tank too, but it was dark...

He was telling me how the guy was running his air bags off of the original A/C compressor... I was lost, I never heard that before, but it looks like it was hooked up all lines run to the original a/c compressor location

is there a trick to buying a A/C compressor and hooking up the air tank to it? what kind of PSI is comming from that? it cant be much....

Anyways, just trying to help a kid out

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

look up York compressors, make sure you hook up the clutch to your pressure switch so you don't burn up the compressor.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

x2 i have heard alot of good stuff about those compressors. kinda pricey i think though

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

My step daughters bf came over with his new 1994 s10 he bought for like $1k its bagged all around, but missing the compressor and to me looked like it was missing the air tank too, but it was dark...

He was telling me how the guy was running his air bags off of the original A/C compressor... I was lost, I never heard that before, but it looks like it was hooked up all lines run to the original a/c compressor location

is there a trick to buying a A/C compressor and hooking up the air tank to it? what kind of PSI is comming from that? it cant be much....

you have to use either a YORK or a SANDEN. there is NO WAY you can use a stock a/c compressor off a s10. so he must have had one of those in there. engine driven compressors have their pro's and cons , you have to constantly fill them with oil, or they will burn up, they will go to about 220-240 psi on the big york, if you ever seen an Oaisis compressor , that is the heart of it , with an Oasis you dont have to have it running off your belt assembly. if i were him, i would get 2 viar 380's or 480's on a 8 gallon tank. that's what im running. you can find a used Sanden edc ( eng. driven comp.) from a junk yard for about 40-50 dollars, but then you got to get a mounting bracket for it. ive seen refurbished ones on ebay for about a hundred bucks ( with out the bracket ) btw sandens only go to about 150 psi. some people love them, some people have no time for them cause they are not is reliable as electric compressors ( viar,air zenith, oasis, etc.. ) so anyhow , my suggestion ( or opinion ) is to get some viars and a tank ... btw, you would still need a airtank if you ran an EDC........... ;)

I know a few people that have tried to use the stock Harris compressor as an EDC and all I can tell you is that it will work...but not for long. It probably has a York or a Sanden on it.

you have to use either a YORK or a SANDEN. there is NO WAY you can use a stock a/c compressor off a s10. so he must have had one of those in there. engine driven compressors have their pro's and cons , you have to constantly fill them with oil, or they will burn up, they will go to about 220-240 psi on the big york, if you ever seen an Oaisis compressor , that is the heart of it , with an Oasis you dont have to have it running off your belt assembly. if i were him, i would get 2 viar 380's or 480's on a 8 gallon tank. that's what im running. you can find a used Sanden edc ( eng. driven comp.) from a junk yard for about 40-50 dollars, but then you got to get a mounting bracket for it. ive seen refurbished ones on ebay for about a hundred bucks ( with out the bracket ) btw sandens only go to about 150 psi. some people love them, some people have no time for them cause they are not is reliable as electric compressors ( viar,air zenith, oasis, etc.. ) so anyhow , my suggestion ( or opinion ) is to get some viars and a tank ... btw, you would still need a airtank if you ran an EDC........... ;)

My Sanden 709 does pretty fine by me. I have ran it at 200 PSI daily for the last year without a single problem. I have even had it at 250+ PSI quite a few times....Hell, If I am not mistaken Kris Dye used to run his at 300 PSI daily on his old white S-10. There is a lot more maintenance involved with running an EDC over an electric and there is a hell of a lot more involved in the installation of one. I personally would have an electric as a back up if you do plan on running one.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

there a head ace you have to put a oil separator in line on the leader hose and depending on how much you hit your switches you have to drain out the oil separator and add more oil into the compressor. Like toy said get a couple viairs and youll be better off.

I know a few people that have tried to use the stock Harris compressor as an EDC and all I can tell you is that it will work...but not for long. It probably has a York or a Sanden on it.

My Sanden 709 does pretty fine by me. I have ran it at 200 PSI daily for the last year without a single problem. I have even had it at 250+ PSI quite a few times....Hell, If I am not mistaken Kris Dye used to run his at 300 PSI daily on his old white S-10. There is a lot more maintenance involved with running an EDC over an electric and there is a hell of a lot more involved in the installation of one. I personally would have an electric as a back up if you do plan on running one.

yeah, i stand corrected, the YORK goes to 200-220 psi tops , it's the SANDEN that gets HIGH psi. it must have been a sanden on that truck, they look just like the stock gm a/c compressor to some one who didn't know the difference. my toyota has one on it but it is not working, the previous owner ran it without a pressure switch to see how high it could go ( psi ) and fried it , so one of these days im gonna get a new one and see how it does, especially since my friend just gave me some 5/8'' and 3/4'' parker valves :good: so a lil' extra psi will come in handy !!!!! ( right now im using my two VIAIR 380's at 200 psi ) ........

Edited by toyonbags

Hey thanks alot guys, I havent looked at this since I posted it, but after I got those 2 names, I started looking it up, and got alot of useful info

Thanks guys

Will pass on the info

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 2 weeks later...

kinda new to the airide scene ,what is an edc?

I like the idea of a driven compressor,hook your pressure switch to both the clutch and your remote start .......

I want to do something like this so i can run air tools .

If I supplied enough capacity do you guys think it would run an air saw?