My Mirror Keeps Falling Off Whats A Good Glue?

I used to have a stock heavy ass rear view mirror with the lights and all that fancy crap in it. Well my system had its way with it. I had to get a new mount and glue it to the window. I also bought a light billet mirror from fbi. Nothing seems to hold the button to the window. I bought some crap from pep boys that came with a razor blade alcohol swab glue and activator. That did hold at all. I bought some glue from auto zone It was just activator and glue. I fallowed the instructions and let it sit over night. It held ok but then came off with a loud popping noise when i adjusted it :( I know a few of you have had the same problem what did you all do to get the mirror button to at least stay glued to the window?

dont know what brands you where using, but I broke my mirror off already.

I bought some Permatex professional strength adhesive which is oem specified.

I bought 2 things just incase i messed up the first time but it seems to hold fine, and my mirror dances like a mofo at times.

http://www.autobarn.net/per81844.html

My tubes look a lil different but the numbers on the package match so Im just assuming new packaging.

Dont know if its what you tried, but mine mirror has been fine with the old 18 in the trunk which broke it the first time, and still seems to be fine after I walled my car. My mirror has a bit of weight to it also, it dont have the lights, but it is a self dimming mirror and has some other switches on it.

Edited by audiofanaticz

epoxy, clean the area first. Get some that is UV resistant since it will be in the sun.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN