How Do You Get Rid Of Distortion?

you said your using a sony deck....and sorry but sony dosnt have to much to go on in the car audio field, try a knew, nice deck...like alpine, pioneer, kenwood, something with nice pre out voltage

just because the deck's sony isn't a problem. :rolleyes:

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I didn't read anything else.

It sounds like you are running your headunit to the point of clipping witch means everything else in your signal chain is going to be distorted.

Set your amps at a lower volume point on your H/U.

You don't have a choice in the matter it is just the way it is.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

are you using an ipod? sometimes the volume on it needs to be adjusted. but trust me, with that HU you will most likely not have a system sounding like steve's

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

you said your using a sony deck....and sorry but sony dosnt have to much to go on in the car audio field, try a knew, nice deck...like alpine, pioneer, kenwood, something with nice pre out voltage

thats what i heard..sony doesnt have very good sound quality..but idk..i aint no expert..but thats what i heard...maybe ill try using a new head unit..

are you using an ipod? sometimes the volume on it needs to be adjusted. but trust me, with that HU you will most likely not have a system sounding like steve's

i dont use an ipod...i use cd's...even thoug somtimes it "FUKYN" skips :fool:...lol..

It's not the deck or the pre-outs.

If you want your stereo louder then build a louder stereo. Your Yugo will only go so fast ;) get it? 80

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

thats what i heard..sony doesnt have very good sound quality..but idk..i aint no expert..but thats what i heard...maybe ill try using a new head unit..

ok. I made a big mistake in my opinion by buying a pioneer deck that has low voltage ouput for the rca's. Not saying it is a bad deck, but the more output voltage, the better. But what I did was exactly what it says to do in all jlaudio manuals. I bought their calibration cd straight from their web site, and did exactly what it says in the manual. Turn the volume on head unit to 3/4's with all headunit setting on "0" for lows mids and highs. If your headunit has a dedicated sub out, also turn that to 3/4's. unhook the speaker cables from the amps going to the speakers, and using a digital mulitimeter and the scale found on exposport's signature, set the output voltage to the rms wattage of the speakers, or amplifier(which ever is lowest). The scale is easy to use as long as you know the impedence of your speakers at the amp, which can be found out with the dmm. Once you set your amps using the tracks necessary, reconnect the speaker wires to the amps, and just go up to 3/4 volume, maybe slightly higher, but that's it. You can look at the process on jl's web site in their manuals. My hu only runs 2v outputs, and I don't have any issues with sound quality. Then again, I also have not had a 4v output before on any of my hu's. From what I understand, and someone correct me if I am wrong, that is the 2nd best way to set the amps up. The first is an o-scope, and I don't have one, nor know how to use one. Again, happy gain setting!!!

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

If you want your stereo louder then build a louder stereo. Your Yugo will only go so fast ;) get it? 80

Very much understood!! I wasn't happy with 500 watts and one 12. Had to upgrade to 2000 watts and 2 15's, and a ho alt, 0 gauge cable, 2nd battery, LOL!!! Now, if he set up the gains wrong, could that be causing distortion before reaching the full potential of the amps? Or am I misunderstood, cause I don't want to point anyone down the wrong road.

Edited by eaglescorpio1

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

haha...i mean for having your mids and high's loud i dont think you need multiple shit loads of amps just like for your subs..yu dig?.lol..