How Do You Get Rid Of Distortion?

:search: i dont know why every time i bump the music past 26 - 34 volume my system sounds distorted...could it be my head unit?...i already got amps for my door speakers,rear,tweetiers,and my subs..my subs are conneted to diffrent amps so i dont think that would be the problem....could anybody help me.. :help: ....

Distortion is the same as clipping, meaning that the top of the AC sine-wave is lost due to insufficient power.

In yor case, the only reason i can think of is that the gain is turned up too much on either the H/U or the amp.

Note that bass boost on an amp is good as it isolates the sub, where as most head units will amplify bass for all channels.

My advice is to get rid of any bass related EQ's or boosters on the head unit and stick with gain on the sub channel...

Eskii

australia03junehl4.gif

Previous: 1988 Nissan Patrol

Rockford T800.4

Rockford T1 15 (sealed)

Rockford 6.5 Components

Current: 1997 Jeep Wrangler

Build goals...

1x RF P300.2

4x Hertz HCX165's

Built Completes :)

Alpine 9886 Headunit

RF P300.2

RF P500-1bd

2x RF P2-D2 8" Subs, 1.3 cubes @39.5Hz

4x Hertz HCX130's

Current comment...

Satisfied for the moment, focusing on performance upgrades

:search: i dont know why every time i bump the music past 26 - 34 volume my system sounds distorted...could it be my head unit?...i already got amps for my door speakers,rear,tweetiers,and my subs..my subs are conneted to diffrent amps so i dont think that would be the problem....could anybody help me.. :help: ....

do you have an alpine?

try setting gains at ~75% of total volume you could turn it up

mines goes up to 50 so full tilt is 38 for me before i hear any distortion

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Distortion is the same as clipping, meaning that the top of the AC sine-wave is lost due to insufficient power.

In yor case, the only reason i can think of is that the gain is turned up too much on either the H/U or the amp.

Note that bass boost on an amp is good as it isolates the sub, where as most head units will amplify bass for all channels.

My advice is to get rid of any bass related EQ's or boosters on the head unit and stick with gain on the sub channel...

Eskii

??? lol i know what you mean thou . You don't want to turn up the bass boost on the HU but instead controlling your bass thru the amplifier (you don't necessarily want to use bass boost thou)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

??? lol i know what you mean thou . You don't want to turn up the bass boost on the HU but instead controlling your bass thru the amplifier (you don't necessarily want to use bass boost thou)

its a sony head unit...would it help if a change the head unit.?.

those simple four words say it all

hahahahaha true maybe they say it all..but there must be something to make distortion go away..like steve's tahoe..he dont got any distortion at all...i just want my system to sound clean and loud...and im not saying as loud as steve kuz im nothing near his shit...

hahahahaha true maybe they say it all..but there must be something to make distortion go away..like steve's tahoe..he dont got any distortion at all...i just want my system to sound clean and loud...and im not saying as loud as steve kuz im nothing near his shit...

you said your using a sony deck....and sorry but sony dosnt have to much to go on in the car audio field, try a knew, nice deck...like alpine, pioneer, kenwood, something with nice pre out voltage

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon: