Sonic Electronix

Exposport: n00b moment #2, can you change the # of Ohm on a sub?

you cannot. the ohm rating on a sub is what determines which possible wiring loads are available to the amp. wiring in parallel will cut the ohm load in half, while wiring in series will double it. so...wiring one dual 4 ohm sub in parallel will make it a 2 ohm load on the amp. wiring a second dual 4 ohm sub in parallel will give the amp a 1 ohm load. being that they are 400 watts RMS, you'd want to get an 800 watt RMS amp @ 1 ohm, so when both are wired to it, they are each gettin their rated 400 watts.

just another example, if you have a dual 2 ohm sub, wiring in parallel will give it a 1 ohm load on the amp, and wiring in series will give it a 4 ohm load. wiring two dual 2 ohm subs in series will be 8 ohms. see the pattern? somewhat basic, but can also get complicated with more subs in the mix

well in that little of space ied do sealed downfire boxs, make em atleast 2&1/2'' off the floor so the cone dont hit, and no need for port my friend put 2 shallow mount pioneer 12's off a mtx 1501d ina linkon truck under rear seats and it hit good lows, the boxs dont halfto be that big just big enulf for the sub to fit and bout 1 or 2'' behind the magnet if it has a vented pole piece but if not it dont matter i got 2 15's ina downfire in my excab settin on the seats, well they fold back so i folded them back and put the box on teh floorboard in the back were they set down, i needa take new pics i swiched out my mtx 5500 15's to mtx8000 15's and switched out mids n highs amp, i'll take a vid and let u judge for urself on sealed down fire boxs, i kno mines big but i did it that a way for volume, but urs u dont rly need it cause with the little space it will be kinda like a bandpass box, hope this helps, ied make 2 down fire boxs and in the middle is were ied put my amp so it will look clean and have breathing room and ppl wont mess with it, but ied put like plexi in front of it and light it up so ppls feet wont mess with somethin, oh and if ppl get in back seats put some type of grill were it will rest on the floor so frys or papers or shit wont get up under it, i'll try to do a drawing to show u waht im talkin bout

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

my advice for you would be to save your money and buy your dream system. If your planning to upgrade in the future it would be a waste of money to have a low cost system that your just gonan throw away later.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Hey Solo, I looked on ebay and I found a nice RF eight-hundredx2 for a reasonable to me price, hows it sound?

Stupid smileys! :aggressive:

Edited by Brick2560

TexasTech2.jpg

"Buy some shit, Build some shit, Bang some shit!" - Dr. DB

Joe owns my soul.

Refs: Duct_Tape123, Derrick824

I would highly recommend staying with a Class D mono amp.

A class D amp will be alot better on your electrical system for musical or music playing sound systems.

RF,Kicker,Sundown all 3 of those companies build stuff that you just can't go wrong with exspecially for music.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I would highly recommend staying with a Class D mono amp.

A class D amp will be alot better on your electrical system for musical or music playing sound systems.

RF,Kicker,Sundown all 3 of those companies build stuff that you just can't go wrong with exspecially for music.

X2, X2, X2

Stick with a Class D amplifier, doesn't draw as much current as a 2-Channel amp.

Derp.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I recommend the Sundown SAE-1000D I think would be a great chioce.

Terryswork001.png