Sonic Electronix

Well, I'm pretty damn new to car audio, I fell in love with it watching Steve's videos on youtube.

I have a 1998 Ford F150 extended cab, currently equipped with a Pioneer DEH-P4900IB head unit and 2 sets of Power Acoustik PR-573C PR series 3 way (200W) speakers in the door panels. the speakers would sound fine if it werent for my door panels, I listen to rap mostly and even when the volume is down it shakes the door panels and sounds like s***. custom panels are out of the question so I figured I'll just have to add some bassage.

right now I've got a killer deal on a pair of Rockford Fosgate Punch stage 3 shallow mounts 12's, dual 4 Ohm (which I have no idea what the heck that means, if someone could help me out w/ that) and are running 400RMS each. I've looked through many amps but dont really know what I'm looking for. If someone could help me out with how big of an amp I should run, and also what gauge of wiring I should use. I'm currently running on about $150-$200 for an amp.

If someone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. I tryed to give you all I could info wise so excuse me if I sound noob-ish

TexasTech2.jpg

"Buy some shit, Build some shit, Bang some shit!" - Dr. DB

Joe owns my soul.

Refs: Duct_Tape123, Derrick824

Some sound deadening would help...

im gonna say go with Hushmat

1997 S10 EC

Whats in it

106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat

DB Elec. 250 amp alt.

HC800&HC1400

MLA Module

Alpine 9886

Knukonceptz wires

Clarion EQS746

poopy Alpine door co-ax's

Change IS Coming

Thanks, I was planning on investing in some of that, but I'm still wondering what size of amp I should run to the subs.

Also the fact that the speakers aren't loud enough and cant hit some of the lows, that aggrivates me alot.

Edited by Brick2560

TexasTech2.jpg

Joe owns my soul.

Thanks, I was planning on investing in some of that, but I'm still wondering what size of amp I should run to the subs.

Also the fact that the speakers aren't loud enough and cant hit some of the lows, that aggrivates me alot.

Maybe a Kicker 750.1???

Do you have a box for the woofers yet?

Derp.

if the subs are rated at 400rms a piece then find an 800rms amp.

your price is a little low, i was gonna reccomend a RF but anything in that power range seems a little high

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Solo_x18: Nope, I have VERY limited room, I'll upload pics in a few.

Quicksilver: since RF is rather pricey what would you suggest in that price range? I know Boss makes cheaper high powered amps, but I have no idea what quality they are. I really wish I had more cash to spend on this but I'm only 16 with a cheap paying job.

Edited by Brick2560

TexasTech2.jpg

Joe owns my soul.

800 watts RMS @ 1 ohm is what you're lookin for. cheapest way that way most likely. boss is not very good quality

grrr...fuckin new smilies. eight hundred watts**

Edited by ExpoSport