Second Skin Audio

Mmats Dreadnaut Or Btl

nmbitm

Oh, and to the people thinking I got butt hurt by the DD brand...you are completely wrong. I have heard numerous DD setups, and they are loud...can't take that away from the company, but I also have not heard a single setup that did not sound like shit quality wise. Volume will only take you so far, I have this problem with liking my subs to sound good, so therefore I stay away from DD.

Thats funny. Just remember, its all in the install. I'd gladly show you how a Digital Design woofer is supposed to sound. This forum is hilarious tho, if you're not running FI/DC woofers with RF/Sundown amps than your setup is shit.

- Infiniti QX4 - - 2 Digital Designs 9917s - - Digital Designs Z1 - - Digital Designs C3b -

subnoise-1.jpg

Thats funny. Just remember, its all in the install. I'd gladly show you how a Digital Design woofer is supposed to sound. This forum is hilarious tho, if you're not running FI/DC woofers with RF/Sundown amps than your setup is shit.

you damn right you better be runnin that shit or your system sucks balls. haha

2 18'' fi btls fully loaded

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

3 powermaster 3100d series batts

11.75 cuft wall after displacement tuned to 31.08 hz

There is a meet up on August 9th @ Shop 87/Epicenterdesigns, so if you would be willing to come around and give me a demo I would gladly retract all my statements of ALL DD subs sounding like shit, but up until then I stand by what I said. and I agree with you about the FI/DC subs thing, but at the same time you have to realize how many peopple are doing the same thing to DD subs one pretty much every car audio forum on the internet. I dont have a problem with people representing their brand, but I do believe the original poster asked about a Dreadnaut, or a BTL, not a 9500 series, or any other type of sub for that matter. I do get tired of people always saying go with DD when the Poster's clearly never even brought up that brand.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

There is a meet up on August 9th @ Shop 87/Epicenterdesigns, so if you would be willing to come around and give me a demo I would gladly retract all my statements of ALL DD subs sounding like shit, but up until then I stand by what I said. and I agree with you about the FI/DC subs thing, but at the same time you have to realize how many peopple are doing the same thing to DD subs one pretty much every car audio forum on the internet. I dont have a problem with people representing their brand, but I do believe the original poster asked about a Dreadnaut, or a BTL, not a 9500 series, or any other type of sub for that matter. I do get tired of people always saying go with DD when the Poster's clearly never even brought up that brand.

X100 on that one man. Way too many people think DD is the only way to get loud. Don't get me wrong DD is decent but I wouldn't run them. Way too expensive for me.

My choice out of the 2 is a BTL.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

X100 on that one man. Way too many people think DD is the only way to get loud. Don't get me wrong DD is decent but I wouldn't run them. Way too expensive for me.

My choice out of the 2 is a BTL.

[ the majority of the people on this forum act the same way about Fi&Dc

TDH FTW !!!

While that is true about Fi and DC, both brands are very good and can fit many more people budget. How can that be a bad thing?

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

I think both FI and DC are top notch products, infact you see most people asking about those brands rather than DD, and yet we still have people trying to shove DD down their throats even when they dont ask about it.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Its understandable, I was no way saying this kid should go out and get a DD woofer, was just standing behind a company whos product I've grown to love. Back in '00-'01 every show around here I would tear up in Iasca/DB Drag until good ol Tim Phillips shows up with his purple ram with DD and straight tore me a new one. I've had nothing but respect for this company since than. I'll gladly come out on the 9th, I have been meaning to come out and meet up with Jon and shoot the shit since we live in the same town and have never met. There is no hate I just want you to know that, I've just been a very faithful customer and honestly out of the 2, with power and charging system varying, I'd tell him to run a BTL.

- Infiniti QX4 - - 2 Digital Designs 9917s - - Digital Designs Z1 - - Digital Designs C3b -

subnoise-1.jpg

Archived