Tinting Windows At Home

The Performer

Guest aseanj52

That's better then any attempt i have ever taken lol.

I never thought of taking the windows out though. But still All Pro Tint out here does a kickass job for not much. i think it would be $120 for my whole new car. front, back, and sides. But like 200+ for my truck. Which i had them do. Turned out awesome. Just want to go down to 5% and now i need the back redone.....damed rock. :aggressive:

I've tinted a few times. In fact I have a nics roll of 20% mylar in my garage. However the best way to get tint to come out is to do it often.

Unless you like hairs, dirt and bubbles in your tint, pay the extra and have it done right. Doing it in the driveway suck because everything will blow into it, even without wind. You will need a super clean space to do it.

from the pics it looks pretty good :good: ....sorry to thread jack but bill how much do you want for a couple pieces to tint the side windows on my crown vic ?

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

from the pics it looks pretty good :good: ....sorry to thread jack but bill how much do you want for a couple pieces to tint the side windows on my crown vic ?

Thread jack as much as you want, just leave me some advice and I'll be happy. :D

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Guest aseanj52

Thread jack as much as you want, just leave me some advice and I'll be happy. :D

This is a team player. =] Lol. That's how i feel. I especially like it when people start arguing on a thread i started. Lol

hhhhmmm lets see..... some advice..... you should you should come practice on my windows :lol:

/Rant

hhhhmmm lets see..... some advice..... you should you should come practice on my windows :lol:

Um nothing personal but F*CK that. :D I know why they charge so much, and believe me, it's NOT for the tint. It's all installation you're paying for. These guys really are professionals, and after what I've done today I know why.

I don't know what I'm going to do about the back glass now... No way I can pull it out and do it on the kitchen table. :(

If I do have to do it myself I'm definitely going to pull the seats out so that I can get in there and have enough room to work. :fool:

Thanks guys!

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Ok, so last night was a hell of a night but it's morning now and time to put the windows back in. :D

First of all I need to say thanks to audiofanaticz for the advice to cut the gap around the tint on the windows. I let them set here in the house with a flood lamp on them to imitate a sun since the sun isn't out at 3 am here in Texas.

Soon as I saw light outside I went and got started on putting everything back. To my surprise the tinting attempt this time turned out GREAT. I've got door panels all back on and I'm happy as ever, the tint looks top notch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's 20%, Not anything near as dark as 5% but damn is it going to be a treat just in time for Texas' year round summer. :D

So now that I've got my hands dirty with the art of tinting I'm gonna make some points that will hopefully help any others interested in tinting themselves. There's basically 2 rules that if you can follow you're gold.

1. If you can take out the window and do the tinting process on your kitchen table then you're set. Should be no problems, no hassles and turns out GREAT in the end.

2. If you cant take the window out and do it, then get in your car and go look for a job to pay to get it done.

It really is as simple as those 2 rules. ;)

I've also come to realize that society is stupid to worship religion, we should worship window tinting professionals instead, they do miracles. :good:

All in all, I've just got to say I'm glad I'm done and that sh!t was HARD. :wacko:

Thanks guys.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Hells no!

I do mine cause I'm cool with a little arm hair and a few dust flecks here and there. But I don't need my name in the mix when people ask where you got your windows tinted :nea:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Hells no!

I do mine cause I'm cool with a little arm hair and a few dust flecks here and there. But I don't need my name in the mix when people ask where you got your windows tinted :nea:

i was asking how much for some so i could tint my own.i did the other ones on my car.

/Rant

Archived