Sundown Audio

Amps That Are .5 Ohm Stable

any good things about the dd z2? or spl dynamics d5? supposedly they are the same board.

They are phased oppositely but otherwise the same amp....

Solid amps, fairly efficient for their size, 0.5ohm capable if you have a solid electrical system to back it up...

And I suggested 2 SAZ3000-D's because if you can find 2 second hand then they'll far, far exceed what another single amp can do and as they're strapped at 2 ohms (thus 1 ohm each) it won't stress the amps at all :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Why not run it at 2ohm on a 2500.1 or a 2k6d?

2k6d = over kill on 1 18 i was playing with one last night powering 2 18 aa havocs

OMG!!!! :hairtrick: that lil guy gots POWA!!! i just watched the gain set at 12 o clock and it was makin them 18;s jump out tha box!! ima get me one of them!!

also the 2k6d is more of a 3000 to 4000 watt amp

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

i got the 1ohm dvc btl by accident i ordered the 2ohm but im not complaining i love it. it's a good thing i bought a dmm or i would have run it a .5 thinking it was 1ohm thats why i'm looking for a new amp.

Exactly what did your dmm read the coils as? D2 Btl coils are technically 1.5ohms each. Maybe you really do have a d2.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

2k6d = over kill on 1 18 i was playing with one last night powering 2 18 aa havocs

OMG!!!! :hairtrick: that lil guy gots POWA!!! i just watched the gain set at 12 o clock and it was makin them 18;s jump out tha box!! ima get me one of them!!

pretty big difference in putting it on havocs and putting it on a BTL though as im sure you know all 18s are not created equally

He's got 1 btl it was running 2 havoks that would be more than plenty I know 18's are not equal I'm talking more about the output of the amp

Btl = under rated 2000 rms

2k6d = under rated 2600 watt amp

Edited by Team Bassick (ALPINE)

That amp will do 3000-4000 watts at 2 ohm?

crxsilogozz5.gif

Its rated 3000 at 2 ohm does a lil more than that at 1 ohm damn near 4000 watts

And its tiny for what it does I couldn't belive it but I saw it

There is one for sale here brand new in the box for 625 shipped if I had the cash It would be mine

Next month ima get one