if you call FBI, tell them Seve and David From SMD sent you, you'll get a nice discount.

they been showin me love for years. talk to phil if possible he shows the most love.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

they all are good guys and they know there shit, I have been Dealing with Dan on the jetta, matter of fact, I need to hit them up, last time I was in the shop they had no hats, and I need me a New hat

thanks to all that replied, is there a way to bag this 2000 chevy cavalier without strutbags using say slam bags or another brand? If were to have the brackets fabricated could that work?

no , unfortunatly you cant. the car was designed for the mcpherson struts , they move with the steering thats why the bags are hollow and fit over the strut assembly. if you were to bolt regular bags like slam specialties or conti-techs, they would twist apart and destruct in about 3-5 seconds after you made ur first turn... so you are limited to what the strut bag makers offer. :sorry:

no , unfortunatly you cant. the car was designed for the mcpherson struts , they move with the steering thats why the bags are hollow and fit over the strut assembly. if you were to bolt regular bags like slam specialties or conti-techs, they would twist apart and destruct in about 3-5 seconds after you made ur first turn... so you are limited to what the strut bag makers offer. :sorry:

exactly, that is why I made my own setup, it was a complete pain in the ass to modify the stut, you cant get as low either but I got mine slammed pretty good.

when i have enough coin Im gonna get some adjustable coil overs and see if I can get even lower in the front. Im allready slammed to the ground in the rear.

no matter what you do you will need to have your strut intact. But it doesn't have to have a bag or coil on it. I have seen some people raise there strut tower so that the car lays. then mount a regualr bag inboard of the strut and the lift the car. the strut is only there to hold the suspension together at that point. this is major fab though.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

You can bag the back with regaler bags but not the front. They also make a bolt on kit for your car so I dont really see why you would want to go thru the hassle of fabbing some thing up when all the guess works been done for you.

David keep the front of your car bagged but cut the cup were struts mount up top and add a peace of round seamless pipe what ever length you need it so the car will lay out properly.

David keep the front of your car bagged but cut the cup were struts mount up top and add a peace of round seamless pipe what ever length you need it so the car will lay out properly.

not sure Im following you.

you want me to cut this out ( the area the gold plate is sitting)???

Posted Image

can you show me a pic of whatyou mean? there is only about a 1/2 maybe 3/4 or so clearnce to the hood the way it it sits now.

I would love for this bitch to lay on the ground if you know of a way Im listening

yea below the gold plate in the red you cut around it then add a spacer. You then cut the hood gussets. But only cut what you need to clear the hood. The only time Ive seen this done was on a honda and he had to cut a small pocket for the tire so it would clear the wheel well. he also plated the hood gussets channels or what ever you call them to give back more strength after cutting for clearance. This should give you an inch or even more closer to the ground. Ive searched for about a 1/2 an hour and cant find shit. I guess its not a very popular mod.

Dan @ Fbi and I discussed it alittle bit.

Im not sure I wanna hack it up any more than I have at this point, the car is just to heavy to be doing something like that now.

I was hoping you would provide me a pic, dan couldnt find any either.

I am thinking about buying another jetta for my daily, if Idid i would bagg it for sure after doing this one.

Archived