My Buddies Boosted Civic!

teamgatesbigc

N/A B-series seem to hit a wall in the 320-330whp range on methanol. that's why the K-series took over on N/A applications. The N/A pro categories are all using K power with well over 350whp or 400 at the crank. 9.2s 1/4 mile passes have been made with N/A K-series power. B-series are awesome budget platforms, but K is where it's at.

Thank you :drinks:

Ramen - sorry I didn't mean to be an asshole about it, but it does bug me when people throw numbers out of their ass (hp and db). But you were just goin off what he told you! its all good!

crxsilogozz5.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nice import. im a DSM guy but dont hate the H. i miss my 91 tsi now but its all good. that lil civics goin good. congrats to the new owner

My boss has a naturally aspirated LS VTECH in his 2000 civic hatch type r.

The car is one of the nicest civics I have ever seen. Hes the head painter at my work so the quality in work is flawless. Hes also got individual throttle bodies which give it a sick sound and look overall. Hes pushing around 400hp with naturally aspirated as well.

so what does VTECH stand for and where can i get one if its putting down 400hp

I know nothing of the sort. i was getting 90 miles on a full tank, but that's because I couldn't keep my foot out of it. That was also on a much smaller engine, less boost, less fuel delivery then I have now. That was my old 1.6 liter D16z6 single cam motor, rc 440cc injectors, Turbonetics T04E 60 trim compressor on 18lbs on the street puting down 380whp via chassis dyno ( street trim with two 15s in the back it weighed 2200lbs + or - 20lb acuracy ). Stopped for gas 4 times one day ( full tank each time ). Now it's converted to a track only car, 2liter DOHC LS VTEC full built, bigger turbo up to 32lbs of boost depending on track conditions,1000cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, MSD Digital 6 w/ external coils, F.A.S.T. engine management, Prodrive spool, 24.5x8x13 MT slicks etc.

Was too fun to drive on the street getting me into trouble, and I cared less about mpg because I couldn't keep off the throttle anyway. Anyone who has felt the surge of serious boost will tell you. Unless they're putting around out of boost all day, I'm shure the fuel mileage is alright, but what's the fun in that! You have to burn alot of fuel for alot of boost period.

any proof of this 2 liter monster? first let me say I'm not saying what you are claiming is bullshit but how are you running 32psi with only 1000cc injectors? they must be maxed out like a mofo

VTEC (which stands for Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) is an electronic and mechanical system in some Honda engines that allows the engine to effectively have multiple camshafts. As the engine moves into different rpm ranges, the engine's computer can activate alternate lobes on the camshaft and change the cam's timing. In this way, the engine gets the best features of low-speed and high-speed camshafts in the same engine.

VTEC (which stands for Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) is an electronic and mechanical system in some Honda engines that allows the engine to effectively have multiple camshafts. As the engine moves into different rpm ranges, the engine's computer can activate alternate lobes on the camshaft and change the cam's timing. In this way, the engine gets the best features of low-speed and high-speed camshafts in the same engine.

if you are only 1/4 throttle and pass the vtec engagement point, it won't automatically engage, you have to actually be on the gas for it to engage. its also controlled by oil pressure

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

oh and just for shits and giggles, here are the nastiest cams ever made for a honda. they are such a pain in the ass to tune. essentially they are made to eliminate vtec because when vtec engages, it causes a dip in power which some people don't want.. but these are for making BIG power

thats pretty damn sick. man the things their coming up with to get just a lil more power in these cars ya know. i like :good:

Archived