03 Silverado Singlecab 4x4 First Fiberglass Enclosure

Ok, so maybe I jumped the gun last night when I said there wouldn't be pics for a while. Turns out there were a few things I still needed to be doing so I got some of them out of the way.

First of all I needed to get those nasty bolts that held the jack and cover out of the way.

Posted Image

Figured I'd give my persuasive tool a shot.

Posted Image

The bolts didn't agree, so I hated to, but had no other option than to revert to this... :sorry:

Posted Image

Pulled up the carpet to get to them. (Look at that nice clean paint) :)

Posted Image

Fuck if I would have known the carpet padding would have caught fire that easily!!! I thought that shit would have been flame retardant or something!

Posted Image

One of the bolts proved to get the best of me. This was the main reason I didn't want to use the grinder, fuck if I wasn't pissed at myself... It's a terrible feeling cutting into a perfectly good truck...

Posted Image

Eh, life goes on. JB weld FTW, I don't want the metal to rust there now. Also I put some over the sawed off bolts so they weren't all naggy like that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now some blue tape so the padding doesn't glue to the damn floor.

Posted Image

Carpet back down and better than new!

Posted Image

Here's the first bit of excitement for the day, Now I can test fit the box!

Posted Image

^Like a mufuckin glove!!!

No sooner that I pulled the box out and put the 12's back in some buddies show up to say hi.

They wanted to hear how my current setup sounded so I gave a quick demo.

Posted Image

Turns out one of them wants to buy them after hearing that, so we test fitted them in his truck and he loves the fit and he's gonna hook them up to his amp tomorrow and try the sound out. I know the bastard wants them even if they wont sound as loud with his amp so I'm pretty sure he's gonna buy them. :D

$100 bucks closer to the DC's!!!!! :clapping:

Unfortunately though, that means back to the oldschool MTX terminators for me... :sad: I cant complain though, atleast I had something on hand to throw behind the seats. (Even though I'm still borrowing them... ;) ) Gotta love brother-in laws. :good:

After about 10 when my buddies FINALLY left... :dry: I got back to the box. I needed to see JUST how much I had to space the rings off the box to fit the DC's.

I made a ghetto version of a test fit sub.

Posted Image

^Don't hate, it does it's job.

Trying some spacers to get the height.

Posted Image

Posted Image

^I'd say just about perfect. :)

Letting the spacers glue on over night.

Posted Image

Well that's it for today, Gotta work in the morning and mow yards in the evening so I'm not sure if I'll get to work on anything then but sometime before the weekend I plan on bulking up my ground in preparation for an electrical upgrade. When I get the DC's and drop the amp to 1 ohm I'm gonna need to run 4 gauge. Which by the way, any of you know where to get some good RF or kicker 4 gauge power and ground for cheap? At a local shop they have the RF for $2ish a foot and the kicker for $3ish a foot. The guy kept trying to get me to buy the $80 POS kit but I guess he wouldn't take the hint that I didn't need all the flair that came with it. I already have good RCA's and remote wire.

Anyway, if anyone knows where to get some cable for a decent price I'd love to hear.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Anyway, if anyone knows where to get some cable for a decent price I'd love to hear.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.c...lossus%20Kable#

$1.35 per/ft

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Looks good! I'm not crazy about the split clear and red and such, I looked around on their site and they have a different line that is just red and black, more of what I want and not too much more.

You think ordering about 18 ft since I need some to work with between the amp and cap and just cause I'm paranoid I won't have enough. :rolleyes: Then about 6 ft of black ground to work with and I'm going to need some 12 gauge speaker wire for inside the box as well as the outside amp connections. It would be decently cheaper to order from them instead of buying an expensive kit with rca's and remote that I would just be wasting money on? I can most likely talk to the guys at my favorite shop to sell me some 4 gauge ring terminals and such. They are really good about that up there.

Basically I don't want to spend a ton of money on wire that's going to be JUST BARELY enough and I can't do a clean install cause the wires are running straight and such. Then have rca's and crap left over. At this stage of the game I cant be wasting money. :)

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Ok so I got a few things done these last couple of days, but not as much as I would have liked, had to work most days. :(

What I did get done was the feet of my box fiberglassed out. (You guys were serious when you said fiberglassing wasn't cheap, $35 for resin, $7 for a 3x3 sheet of mat)

Anyways, gotta do what ya gotta do and get the stuff. Here's some shots of taping off the carpet in the 4x4.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Starting to get dark outside! Had to get some lights.

Posted Image

That's getting the shape done, after that I pulled it all out and was able to put more layers and didn't have to stink up the truck any more. :)

Then last night I decided to prep for upcoming electrical upgrade. The ground I had was working, but I hate the idea of a sheet metal screw being my ground.

Forgot to take a shot of what it looked like before, but I think most of you guys know what a screw holding a ring terminal to a car looks like.

Here's the screw and washer though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Little hole was from the screw, it was too close to the seat slide and annoyed me. The big hole is for the new bolt.

Ran into a problem underneath and couldn't find where the damn hole was.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally figured it out, there's section where there's a brace that was where the hole was at so I had to make a hole in the brace to fit the head of the bolt through and push it up through the bottom.

Posted Image

Handy ass light I got from walmart. Plugs into the cigarette lighter and has 10 ft of cord that reels up into the light. (Basically what I'm saying is you guys should get one)

Extending magnet to push the bolt through the bottom.

Posted Image

Worked out nice, I was able to just turn the bolt from the bottom and it screwed into the hole and stayed while I came up and added the nut.

Posted Image

Tightened it all up and added a bit of solder to a side of the nut onto the metal. Added a bit of solder to close up the screw hole too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

^Great little $15 torch.

It's a hell of alot better now!

Thought I would ask this, any of you guys ever tin the tips of your power wires? I grew up with electronics so I've learned TONS of tricks and such over time and one thing I do whenever working with amps that you stick the end of the wire in and tighten down the screw is tinned the tips with solder.

Posted Image

Just thought I'd share, I never see anyone else doing this on here so I wondered if maybe you guys didn't do it. Either way I would recommend it. If you're going through the trouble of doing all your terminals, then not tinning the tips you're just killing it.

And now onto today, I got the 3rd layer of fiberglass on my box feet. It's sturdy as a MO-FO now.

Posted Image

Maybe tonight or tomorrow I can finally cut the feet to shape and get ready for the fleece stretch.

Anyways, that's all for now.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Nice! He's got it down! Yeah, I'd just never seen anyone do it in their builds but I guess I missed that guy's.

Thanks for the comments guys, I got a couple more new pics I'm putting up soon so stay tuned.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

After the feet cured up better I got back and cut them to shape finally.

Posted Image

Got the cuts as straight as I could, but I'm gonna have to work a bit more on them tomorrow to get it a bit more straight.

Posted Image

Here's a pic of what I'm going for now. I'm getting more and more excited each day. :clapping:

Posted Image

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Ok so I got SOME work done today, not much but some. Had a couple things go down, one disaster and a good thing or two.

The disaster was I lost a soldier in battle on my way home from work. (My right side sub fried. :( )

Posted Image

The leads here are pretty bad, the wires are burnt and it seems as if the voice coil had unwound inside and pulled the leads tight.

Posted Image

Cut off the dust cap and yep, fried...

Posted Image

It's shot to shit, you can thump the cone and hear the coil inside, it sounds like a slinky. :sorry:

That just means I need to get my ass in gear and finish the box and get the DC's.

Since I got the subs out I decided to shoot for a test fit to get some more eye candy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Came inside and aligned/glued the rings to the box finally.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's looking sexier each time I work on it! :D

I stopped by the fabric store today and got some nice stuff. The lady said it was all they had that would stretch in all 4 directions. It's some kind of dance/swim wear something... Anyways, it looks like it's going to stretch GREAT. I'm just going to have to route my rings deeper a bit more tomorrow on the edges where the fiberglass will meet the mdf.

Anyways, off to bed soon, gotta paint a garage and start trim work at another house tomorrow and the rest of the week. (Gotta work hard to make the money :dry: )

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived