03 Silverado Singlecab 4x4 First Fiberglass Enclosure

did the vinegar work?

and its lookin sexy!

Logan, yeah, I noticed the vinegar did a hell of a number on the paint fumes.

No sound deadener?

Meh, When I had the box in before I never really had any major problems with rattle back there, but otherwise it's pretty expensive and I can live without. The doors might be a different story later on after components are put in.

That is a really nice box and an AWESOME paint job :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thank you!

Keep tuned in guys, like I said hopefully I'll have most of it all back in tomorrow. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

looks real good man. did you clear to box? btw, tim uses spray cans and we all know how his turned out ;)

Lol, no clear coat. It will probably come back in the end to haunt me, but we'll see how this performs until then. Supposedly after a few weeks the paint will be fully cured. However as it is it's a pretty damn hard surface to the paint.

Can't remember who Tim is with screen name, but I think I definitely have an idea of which one he is, I've seen some threads with paint results from spray cans and VERY kickass results. I'm well pleased with my results, if I sound like I'm proud of the way it turned out, trust me I am. :D

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll have some more pics up in a few. I got it back in tonight and the sound is ALOT better. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Ok, so more pics.

Gots my 4x6's in and baffles today.

Posted Image

Then I was in a rush to get all the plastic back in before dad went to bed so he could help me carry the box into the truck. With the amp and cap mounted that beast is hella heavy, especially when you have to be careful not to scratch the paint... :blink: So no pics between then and box in.

Posted Image

Now you can see what exactly the brackets were for. I've noticed a HELL of a difference in sound with the brackets FULLY securing the box to the back wall. There is NO flex between the back wall and box now, it's got a LOT tighter sound I've noticed. :)

Posted Image

Seats were getting put back in.

Tomorrow I'll get some good pics however I'm kinda bummed that I cant put the trim piece over the box yet until I get more of those clips for it... :(

So, any words?

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

tim=timmy=timmay=groundpounder

Hehe, that's who I was thinking, but wasn't sure because everyone refers to him as "timmy".

But yeah, you gotta be greatful for guys like that who give people like me the confidence to just go for it and do the spray cans. It's alotta work to get the results, but well worth it. :clapping:

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Got a pic with the back panel installed.

Posted Image

Added a grommet for the rca's and remote to come through. Didn't just want a sloppy job with the cables running from underneath the panel. :P

Posted Image

I still need some better pics with dad's camera, but you get the idea. :)

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived