Well, My First Post On Steve's Forum And...

Jeffrey / Andy,

Glad to see you guys make it on over here. Please keep us up on the happenings down south.

I know myself and others are willing to help out to grow shows anyway we can.

Maybe some of us hard core competitors can get together and brainstorm some ides to help at least maintain the sport if not grow it. We all know dealer support is down and manufacture support is even worse. It would be nice to put together a game plan to get these guys back involved. I think we all need to do a better job at getting new blood to the events and being extra involved in helping them improve. I would also like to see shops do a better job of bring in their customers from say the past 6mo to a show to compete and hopefully up-sell their systems. I also have seen shows that are tied into another event do better then store parking lot shows. Spectators are a great way to bring in new people. Some of the best shows we have had on the west coast have been tied into car shows. I think whatever the org, drag / usaci we need to be the dog and pony of a show instead of trying to headline something. Us old timers, myself included need to do a better job being approachable to everyone. If we are as helpful as we can be, then people are less likely to be intimidated of some of us old timers and bring their cars to the next show.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

If you care about how many people are there you aint doing it for the love. Down here in Oah'u were lucky to have a shop hold 1 comp every 2 years and have 20ppl enter. Now we hold our own which started about 1 year ago and we started off with about 5ppl and now this past 1 couple days ago we had almost 40.

Its because we love the sport thats why we care about turnout. Yeah its not the point on the head count but, like Andy stated A bad turnout means the host probably won't host again. You don't need to tell me how bad the scene is in HI. However, that is just another reason why we need to grow this sport. This thread might of started off on a bad note but, thats the point of a forum. To have an open discussion with people and be able to voice opinions and get ideas. We are in a small section called competitors corner so majority of us are competitors weather you actively, previously or planning on competing thats probably why you are in here.

I was just saying because Jack said how horrible a comp is once a week with 15 people and we have 1 every 2 years with 20 people so he can feel better. Would be cool to have comps every weekend like you guys and keep scores trophy and all that good stuff but seems like no company is willing to try it out. Ive tried e-mailing some companies and people but nobody seems interested. Maybe we need this OP to come down here and hold comps.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

If there was some sort of large scale advertising then it would take off but that is expensive I had never heard of dBDrag until I really got into stereos.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

The shows tied in with car shows are allways the best we get new comers with show cars with a nice system see what we are doing and jump in

Remember the brizalins from autorama bill? They were at the Fresno show and competed said they wanted to get into it spectators and promo is the key

But is it up to the competiors to promote NO but we need to

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Them Brazilians were something else.

And your right, I have seen more repeat competitors from shows tied into a car show then from in front of a shop. Now to make it worthwhile for the shop, we need to get them people back into their store.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)