Chevy S10, Cavalier 250amp Large Case Alternator -price Reduced-

Sitting on my desk, I have a Large case conversion unit specially machined to bolt right on to 2.2 liter 4 cylinder equipped S-10 pickups, Cavaliers, and Sunfires. We tap the mounting ear, clearance the case, and inlclude the necessary adpter harness, so it installs in minutes. This unit is a 250 amp StreetBeater model, and has an outstanding low RPM power curve, as shown below on it's birth sheet. I include the 1/0 oversize ground and charge posts and the appropriate cable ends at no extra charge. This unit has also been built with the adjustable digital internal regulator, which is a $50 option. Weekly special price is $349 (normally $449) PRICE LOWERED TO $249 SHIPPED I can't hardly build these for that price!

Matt @ MechMan

1-888-MECHMAN

cavalierCS144.jpg

cavalierCS144back.jpg

250ampcurve.jpg

Edited by MECHMAN

what output could i expect at about 650 rpm on the motor? whats the range of the regulator?

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

expect next to nothing actually. Our cars idle retarded low like that and the alternator doesnt actually kick on til around 8-900 rpms.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

expect next to nothing actually. Our cars idle retarded low like that and the alternator doesnt actually kick on til around 8-900 rpms.

thats alternator speed. are they the same? i would think the alternator would spin faster because of the tiny pulley.

maybe im wrong

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

dude didnt even look at the pics my bad im at awork and they dont show up. Im not sure if a smaller pulley would help or not.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

dude didnt even look at the pics my bad im at awork and they dont show up. Im not sure if a smaller pulley would help or not.

i was told the alt spins about 3 times faster than the motor. So according to the graph it would do about 100-110 at idle (700)

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

i was told the alt spins about 3 times faster than the motor. So according to the graph it would do about 100-110 at idle (700)

The critical piece of information is the diameter of your crankshaft pulley. The RPM on the graph is rotor RPM, which is subject to the pulley ratio of the vehicle.

For example: if your crank pulley is 6" in diameter, and the alt pulley is 2" in diameter, (6 divided by 2 = 3) you would have a 3:1 pulley ratio- the Rotor RPM would be 3 times the engine RPM.

Because this unit is a large case that has been modified to fit, (rather than an "overwound" small case) it will have hands down the best LOW RPM output available, much stronger than your stock alt in fact. In addition, the digital regulator that we use (the red anodized heat sink on the back) has a much lower turn-on speed than a factory regulator, which also helps. If need be, I can install a 1.75" overdrive pulley on it, that would net you a 3.42:1 ratio with a 6" crank pulley.

650 idle RPM x 3.42 = 2288 rotor RPM = 142 amps, assuming a 6" crank pulley, which I believe is stock on an S10.