tejcurrent Posted August 10, 2008 Report Posted August 10, 2008 (edited) I've got 2 local shops that will install dual exhaust with flowmasters and a turndowns under my bumper (that's what I want) for $3-350. I don't care for it to be loud, just sound very very deep/growly if possible. I'm keeping my cats for now, if that matters. Only problem I have is everyone and their mama has flowmaster, and I've been wondering what the difference would be with borla or magnaflow? Thanks for any advice guys, I'll be getting these this week if I have time so of course vids soon to follow showing the final product. Edited August 10, 2008 by tejcurrent Quote tejcurrent XS Power T3
roscoe1129 Posted August 10, 2008 Report Posted August 10, 2008 Price really since your not going for performance. can you get magnaflow? Quote Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer Scientia est Vox "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
tejcurrent Posted August 10, 2008 Author Report Posted August 10, 2008 (edited) I'm pretty sure I can whatever type I want, just order time might vary some. I'm just not too sure of the different sounds I'd get from each brand/type. I have the 5.3 v8 if it matters. I'm really going for sound and possible fuel efficiency if any benefit. Edited August 10, 2008 by tejcurrent Quote tejcurrent XS Power T3
roscoe1129 Posted August 10, 2008 Report Posted August 10, 2008 I'm pretty sure I can, I'm just not too sure of the different sounds I'd get from each brand/type. I have the 5.3 v8 if it matters. Magnaflows sound really good on a v8 really low and grumbly if you get the right one. Im not sure which one to get but Im sure the shop would know. Quote Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer Scientia est Vox "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
wL<3bass Posted August 10, 2008 Report Posted August 10, 2008 (edited) name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">This is what the guy who owns the truck said: ramblerjay: i had magnaflow, which was louder, but it was obnoxiously loud (and rusted). this one is perfect, any louder, and long trips would be miserable. that is a 6.0L but they sound pretty much the same. Edited August 10, 2008 by wL<3bass Quote Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
IH8PunkRok Posted August 10, 2008 Report Posted August 10, 2008 honestly borla is focused on making top dollar cars (ferrari, lamborghini, aston martin) sound good. as far as i know ferrari comes stock wit borla but i may be wrong. so for the hoe go wit magnaflow. besides it rhymes Quote -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
ChevyBoy Posted August 10, 2008 Report Posted August 10, 2008 magnaflow borla bassani i like the way all 3 sound. up to you man. Quote
roscoe1129 Posted August 10, 2008 Report Posted August 10, 2008 I just know one series of manaflow isnt insanely loud as my lil brother had it on his truck and it was nice! Quote Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer Scientia est Vox "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
tejcurrent Posted August 10, 2008 Author Report Posted August 10, 2008 magnaflow borla bassani i like the way all 3 sound. up to you man. I couldn't get the bassani one to work? Between the first two I think I prefer the borla, it's just hard to tell from a video camera you know? Quote tejcurrent XS Power T3
ChevyBoy Posted August 10, 2008 Report Posted August 10, 2008 name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.