Second Skin Audio

8 15's Or 4 18's?

If it was me,not just because i love cone area but id go with 8-15's sealed.A sealed encloser you can tune low and basically play anything you want.A ported encloser you are limited to certain notes.

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

If it was me,not just because i love cone area but id go with 8-15's sealed.A sealed encloser you can tune low and basically play anything you want.A ported encloser you are limited to certain notes.

i dont think you can tune a sealed box

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

i dont think you can tune a sealed box

yes you can, it has to do with the amount of airspace in the box and something else i think. cant remember but they taught me about it at mobile dynamics

8 15s in a wicked 4th order, hell yea :D

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

8 15s ported :pardon:
8 15" havocs sealed!!! Put them in the right sealed box with atleast 1000w rms and they would murder those 4 18s ported!!!

Pipo is only running like 750w rms to his and you see what his truck can do!! :hairtrick:

ya just got pricing for AA. def be going with those no matter which route. i have 2 questions. i might be able to do the 15's ported but i only have about 2-2.2 cubes a sub after displacment to work with.....thats probably to small for the aa's huh? and secondly if i go with the 15's would it be better to go with the havocs and slightly under power them (about 900rms a piece) or go with the arsenal's and overpower them?

yes you can, it has to do with the amount of airspace in the box and something else i think. cant remember but they taught me about it at mobile dynamics

damn learn something new everyday

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

I would say 4 18's. sealed is more for quality you can move more air with 18's especially when they're ported. Just have to say look what Steve's running... 4 18's haha. Just thought I'd throw in my opinion.

--------------------

1995 Acura Integra 2dr

2 10" Kenwood KFC-3005

1 Kicker ZX750.1

1 5 farad Power Acoustik Capacitor

JVC KD-G220

Im going to go based on your current system that you have no idea on what your talking about. plenty of people are doing alot crazier things when it comes to moving air or whatever you want to call it with sealed applications. Not dissing on Steve just saying.

Edited by ~digital~bass~

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

I'd say go the 18's ported. I got bout 3db more than sealed with RF T1, coz effectively, ya ports are adding to the air displacement.

australia03junehl4.gif

Previous: 1988 Nissan Patrol

Rockford T800.4

Rockford T1 15 (sealed)

Rockford 6.5 Components

Current: 1997 Jeep Wrangler

Build goals...

1x RF P300.2

4x Hertz HCX165's

Built Completes :)

Alpine 9886 Headunit

RF P300.2

RF P500-1bd

2x RF P2-D2 8" Subs, 1.3 cubes @39.5Hz

4x Hertz HCX130's

Current comment...

Satisfied for the moment, focusing on performance upgrades

i would have to say go with 8 15s. thats my next setup. 4 18s ported PWNS too dont get me wrong. but the little more care area might suprise u. what kind of sealed enclosure are u doing??? and how much space do u have to work with? how much power do u have? lots will determine what u should or shouldnt do.

got about 24 cubes after displacement if the box was a big cube. to fit 8 15's im obviously gonna have to do a diamond, clamshell or somehting similar to the hoopty and thats gonna cut down on my airspace. i have about 8000rms to work with