Jump to content

Bass Almost Stops Car...


Recommended Posts

Posted

Has this ever happened to you guys before?

My set-up is in my sig.

When It hits high notes when I'm just rolling at like 5-10MPH the car slows down like I'm hitting the brakes which I'm not.

Is this bad in any way? At higher speeds (50-70MPH) On high notes, the bass makes the speedo fluctuate -/+ 10MPH either way. but the actual speed stays the same

Derp.

Posted

that dont sound normal at all. the only way for the car to slow down is if its puttin major drag on the engine which just doesnt seem logical to me.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz



Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Posted

that dont sound normal at all. the only way for the car to slow down is if its puttin major drag on the engine which just doesnt seem logical to me.

It runs normal like no voltage drops/RPM's stay normal. Again, its only on high bass notes

Derp.

Posted

if your voltage was dropping id say the ignition system is losing power and making the engine lose power.

but youre not losing voltage, so idk it doesnt sound normal to me

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Posted

Has this ever happened to you guys before?

My set-up is in my sig.

When It hits high notes when I'm just rolling at like 5-10MPH the car slows down like I'm hitting the brakes which I'm not.

Is this bad in any way? At higher speeds (50-70MPH) On high notes, the bass makes the speedo fluctuate -/+ 10MPH either way. but the actual speed stays the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpKDSCOlkVk

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock

 

1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit

Posted

if your voltage was dropping id say the ignition system is losing power and making the engine lose power.

but youre not losing voltage, so idk it doesnt sound normal to me

I thought it was cool at first but now it seems that its a problem that I should address.

It wouldn't have nothing to do with like the resonant frequency of the car would it?

Derp.

Posted

could be just the bass vibrating your body....

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Posted

could be just the bass vibrating your body....

LOL

I doubt it.

Well even if that was true, The speedo still bounces at higher speeds...

Derp.

Posted

could be just the bass vibrating your body....

thats is what im thinking.. can you actually feel the car loosing speed/slowing down?

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2275 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...