Sundown Audio

S12L7s What 2 push em with?

CUT BUDDY

I use to have 2-S12L7s (the generation II models) in my Explorer Sport running off of 2- Orion HCCA 275G amps which was about 800-1100rms to each. Then some doo doo head came through one night and snatched my amps but he couldnt get the subs......so Ive had the subs sitting in my closet for about 2yrs now. They still look almost new and they wanged like a bat outta hell. Well I was gonna sell em in order to get 2-BTLs in my Cutlass. But around here everybody wants something for nothing and nobody is willing to pay me what I want for my subs....they are offereing me crackhead prices like "I'll give u $50 for both or I'll give u $60 and a bullsh*t pyle amp" (smh). So I've just said F it and Imma put em back in my Explorer. Do u think I aught to run em off a Autotek MM2000.1D or a MTX TA81001D? (I can get the MTX for about $450-$500) and the (MM for about $500 maybe a tad bit more). Im trying to have this in my Explorer because my Explorer is my everyday car now(beat around town/work vehicle) so Im not gonna be putting but so much money into it....I still have to finish my Cutlass and my Tahoe as well. My Explorer is already a looker....I bought it back in 2000...20" Alba Blaze rims and I bought those rims when 20z were the biggest u could buy...I paid 3k for those 20z, billet, altezzas etc....Now that I have my other vehicles I use it for my daily. Im trying to upload a pic of it

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

speaking of MTX. i have a MTX 81000D for sell and i only want $250 plus shipping.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

everyone on this site knows what amp i would suggest!!!!!!!

Wire those voice coils in parallel and hook em up to a pa3000db!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

how's the quality of these PA amps compared to the Rf power series..

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

I think Imma go with either those 2-zx750.1D amps or a MTX81001D. I can get either of em for a lil under $500 and either way Id be getting a lil over 1800rms. Im leaning more towards the MTX because I dont think the 2-ZXs are daisy chainable.

Sundown? Ive heard of em...dont know too much about em. The MTX is about $475 shipped and will give me about 1800-1850rms @ 14.4v. Can the Sundown do better than that. One of the main reasons I wanted the MTX is because all the controls are on the face of the amp. Once I put the vanity conver over it; I wont have to take it off everytime I wanna tweak something.