Seller: knukonceptz.com ( 22301) Contact seller

Paid on Aug-27-08 via PayPal

KnuKonceptz Ultra Fleks 1/0 Power Wire 0 Gauge Red 20ft

220271224019 - Price: US $68.00

Quantity:1 Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service: US $8.50

US $68.00 Leave FeedbackLeave Feedback

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

per rusty so this is what im going off of

________________________________________________________________________________

whats the optimal enclosure size for a 15"... i am about to build another box but i have 3.6@32hz currently and was planning on going to 3.8@29-30hz for my 15" fi q... before i decided to get a lvl4xl

so i have the chance to build whatever is perfect for 29-30hz tuning....

thanks alot rusty for answering my pesty questions...

goodluck

thank

kris

Ya we can do that, a fair amount of those LV4XLs are all presold so not a prob, the XL i would do 4 cubes for a 15 with probly 65 si of port, that LV415XL is xxx shipped to the mainland

________________________________________________________________________________

i dont like aeros nor do i want to pay an extra $60 for ports... nor do i want to bend the port as this negates alot of its advantages once a bend is made imo

i did .25cuft since it is similar to an old btl with a bit wider motor

box cannot be bigger than 33*16*23

im going to do the [email protected] box w/~60sqin per rusty i guess.... if i have complaints at least i can direct them to the one who told me to make it that way...lol... not that i will

I don't know if you've done the math on that box yet, but to get it to 30hz with 60sqin of port you're gonna need to make the port 35" long. Good luck doing that. The port is gonna displace almost half of your internal volume and the box will be tuned way too high. If you want to be tuned low your gonna have to sacrafice and make the box bigger or cut down on the sqin of port. That's all because that port that will yeild 30 hz will actually displace 1.2 cuft inside your box. So that would actually give you 2.5cuft after sub displacement and your tuning is going to be about 37 hz and not 30. I'm just trying to lend a hand and give you a little insight, but it's your choice. Either way I wanna know how it sounds okay. Good luck with the build :D

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

umm i use amatt85s spreadsheet.... along with pencil and paper

im just goin to shrink it an inch from the 2nd box

32*23*16 external

30.5*21.5*14.5 internal = 5.5cuft

14.5*4" port with total length of 37... actual wood pieces 17.5" and 12" = 1.335cuft including end correction factor

sub displ = .2cuft

_______

3.956cuft @ 30.16hz w/58sqin

pretty simple math

sounds like someone doesnt know how to do math at all mr nightshade

or how to read, seeing as how you likely thought, somehow(?), by not reading, that it was 3.9 external giving you ur crazy numbers

ill bold important numbers so they cant be mistaken for you!

thanks for the help but i dont need ur help http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif I've been planning this one for awhile now...

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

60sqin for a single 15 is kind of high if you're trying to achieve superb low end response. Don't change the box size that sounds about just right, but maybe try 3 4" aeroports. You'll find that they're much easier to tune and will give you a little less port area which will help. 3 4" will be the same as 37.5sqin of port area and is more than enough to get you where you are gonna need to be. The only slight problem with this is that the ports are gonna have to be a bit on the long side. 26" to be exact, but I'm sure that if you were to use a slot it would be way longer than that since there's more surface area to the port that you mentioned. It's just an idea I thought I'd throw out there for you from experience. You don't have to use it at all. Also if you wanted to cut down on some of the port length you could just make the box a little bit bigger. That may not be an option though.

im going to guess ur experience is with nightshades (who would have thought).. and thats cool... i was going to get a nightshade but im going to go the DC route instead and if Rusty the owner of DC says for 29-30hz tuning to do 60sqin im not going to question that... who better to hear than the man who made the sub in question

and if it doesnt work... i can build another box

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

umm i use amatt85s spreadsheet.... along with pencil and paper

im just goin to shrink it an inch from the 2nd box

32*23*16 external

30.5*21.5*14.5 internal = 5.5cuft

14.5*4" port with total length of 37... actual wood pieces 17.5" and 12" = 1.335cuft including end correction factor

sub displ = .2cuft

_______

3.956cuft @ 30.16hz w/58sqin

pretty simple math

sounds like someone doesnt know how to do math at all mr nightshade

or how to read, seeing as how you likely thought, somehow(?), by not reading, that it was 3.9 external giving you ur crazy numbers

ill bold important numbers so they cant be mistaken for you!

thanks for the help but i dont need ur help http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif I've been planning this one for awhile now...

You're right I didn't see that you had 5.5 cubes before displacement. That's cool and I wasn't trying to be a dick about it either. I was just giving an honest hand to try and help and you acted like an ass back to me about it. Whatever though, I wish you the best of luck on the build. :) Enjoy!

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

You're right I didn't see that you had 5.5 cubes before displacement. That's cool and I wasn't trying to be a dick about it either. I was just giving an honest hand to try and help and you acted like an ass back to me about it. Whatever though, I wish you the best of luck on the build. :) Enjoy!

hmm i wasnt trying to be rude if i was my bad.... its so hard sometimes to get sarcasm across

you were spot on with ur numbers tho so i knew u were trying to help

thanks tho

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

That's cool. Good luck with the build process. Make sure that you give us a few pics so we can see the progress as it comes.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

That's cool. Good luck with the build process. Make sure that you give us a few pics so we can see the progress as it comes.

you will get pics when you let me win

----reference's----

meade916

Archived