Sonic Electronix

Amp Is On But Subs Don't Move

RCA problem?

the RCA's, remote wire, speaker wire is all connected, only stock works though, how do I trouble shoot the Rca's unplug them and re plug them in?

should i disconnect the amp and re connect it?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

If you have the subs wired in parallel and then series I probably know what happened. You more than likely burnt a tinsel lead wire. That would explain both subs not working. It would be the sub that is actually connected to the amp that the tinsel is burnt on. Pull both of the subs out of the box and I guarentee that one or more of your tinsel leads is burnt. I have seen it happen with those subs before.

Oh yeah make sure you let me know if I'm right on this one. I just have a feeling that is what it is.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

the RCA's, remote wire, speaker wire is all connected, only stock works though, how do I trouble shoot the Rca's unplug them and re plug them in?

should i disconnect the amp and re connect it?

NO NO NO NO..DONT EVER UNPLUG AND PLUG THE RCAS WHILE THE AMP IS ON...just letting you know bro....maybe the HU RCA OUTPUT POWER BLEW

If you have the subs wired in parallel and then series I probably know what happened. You more than likely burnt a tinsel lead wire. That would explain both subs not working. It would be the sub that is actually connected to the amp that the tinsel is burnt on. Pull both of the subs out of the box and I guarentee that one or more of your tinsel leads is burnt. I have seen it happen with those subs before.

Oh yeah make sure you let me know if I'm right on this one. I just have a feeling that is what it is.

if your right, than I guess I gotta pm rusty.

I won't be able to do nothing until tommorrow.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

NO NO NO NO..DONT EVER UNPLUG AND PLUG THE RCAS WHILE THE AMP IS ON...just letting you know bro....maybe the HU RCA OUTPUT POWER BLEW

oh, I know that I never ever have the amp on when im disconnecting, or re connecting shit to it.

I don't think the subs are blown just because their not even getting abuse.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

I hope that I'm not right, but like I said I've seen it happen before. It's fixable without scraping the woofer's cone. I can tell you how you would be able to fix it based on where it is broken on the lead at. Or it is fixable by taking the dust cap off and attaching new wires to the subs.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I hope that I'm not right, but like I said I've seen it happen before. It's fixable without scraping the woofer's cone. I can tell you how you would be able to fix it based on where it is broken on the lead at. Or it is fixable by taking the dust cap off and attaching new wires to the subs.

well, my car is off for the night, mayb ill turn it on and tommorrow everything will be ok mayb the amp just got hot.

I'm really not gonna look at it as I fucked my system... cuz Im just gonna have to give up car audio than cuz i'm broke as fuck and can't afford to replace it.

:(

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

You might have fried your amp

The outputs on your amp may have went bad or the outputs on your deck may have gone.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Archived