Sonic Electronix

Amp Is On But Subs Don't Move

if u have any other speakers to hook to the amp try that see if the amp has output. u may have burned out the outputs on the amp.

thats what i said..lol

if u have any other speakers to hook to the amp try that see if the amp has output. u may have burned out the outputs on the amp.

I don't have any extra subs I sold them.

I don't have my other amp either I sold that.

Fuck, I really can't trouble shoot this shit like I used to have spares around.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

I'd first put an ohm meter on the subs to make sure they are still completing a circuit and the wires aren't burnt, and second to make sure the ohm load is correct on them.

Then I would try a digital multimeter on the amp output to make sure it's still making an output.

Then if all is good there I would move on to RCA's and the head unit side of things.

Sucks to hear that man, hope things are well with your setup though.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I don't have any extra subs I sold them.

I don't have my other amp either I sold that.

Fuck, I really can't trouble shoot this shit like I used to have spares around.

just try hooking it up to one of your stock speakers in your ride..disconnect the wires hooked up to that speaker and hook it up to your amp ill say the 6*9's....just dont turn up the volume too much.....turn it up a lil and see if any sound comes out of it..

It's easier to check the subs with a multimeter or just pull them out of the box to see if one of the wires is burnt on one of them. If you have a multimeter just check the wires going into the amp and see if they read a 1 ohm load or not. If they don't read anything at all then I am for sure that one of the tinsel's is burnt or broken. Do you have the level 5 coils in you level 4's?

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

just try hooking it up to one of your stock speakers in your ride..disconnect the wires hooked up to that speaker and hook it up to your amp ill say the 6*9's....just dont turn up the volume too much.....turn it up a lil and see if any sound comes out of it..

that sounds like a good idea i'll try that one out.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

It's easier to check the subs with a multimeter or just pull them out of the box to see if one of the wires is burnt on one of them. If you have a multimeter just check the wires going into the amp and see if they read a 1 ohm load or not. If they don't read anything at all then I am for sure that one of the tinsel's is burnt or broken. Do you have the level 5 coils in you level 4's?

yup, I do.

I'll try this one out as well.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

check the rca and remote...

If the remote was bad, the amp wouldnt turn on, and he says the amp turns on.

As other said, find a speaker, connect it to the amp and see if their is sound output from the speaker. You dont need a sub, you can use some crap 3 inch mid or whatever you got laying around. If the speaker works, you know the problem lays some where between your speaker wire and your subs.

Are you still running that 18 awg speaker wire? I tried to hook you up with lots of 8 gauge and all you had to do is pay shipping.

The tiny speaker wire you where using before (that looked pubic hair sized) could of got hot from all the power and melted and shorted out.

The dc level 4s, should take 3000wrms all day, there should be no reason for a blown sub, or ripped tinsil leads (unless you where clipping your subs with a high gain).

If you have no sound from the test speaker you hooked up either, try grabbing a cd player or something else that has a rca output, and hook it up to your amp and play it, a home cd player would work fine, you just need to make sure to have a extension cord to plug it into, and to turn your car on so the amp goes on.

And as said before, use a digital multimeter and put it on ohms and test your speaker impedance. You said you have dual 1 ohm coils, so Im guessing you got each coil either paralleled down to .5 ohms then series the 2 subs up to 1 ohm, or you have each sub series up too 2 ohms and paralleled down to 1 ohm. Your ohm load should be around 1 to 2.5 ohms final load depending on boxrise and any other impedance rise from tiny speaker wire.

Archived