Which Of These 2 Is The Better Battery?

What is the better battery out of these 2 options to have a pair of (wired parallel with each other) in the back of your ride?

(>) 2 Kinetic HC800's

(>) 2 Optima yellow tops

Which would you choose, and which of the 2 options is the stronger option.

I ask this question just to see if I made the right choice back 2 months ago. I picked up these 2 HC800 Batts for $200 bucks brand new, thought that was a great buy, and im only @ the ~3000Watt area, so no need for HC2400 YET!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I wouldn't slam 3 songs in a row full tilt with either, but the yellow top would need higher voltage to get a full charge than the 800. Both are fine for 3,000 watts with stock alt. Just keep an eye on your voltage,if you need better voltage let us know!

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Hmmm with 3,000-3,500wrms and dual batts (hc2400 rear) and see a low voltage of 12.2 and 11.9 under full tone with a 1997-8 eldorado but caddy's have alot of idle accessories.

edit: I personally would spend the extra couple bucks and get a hc2400. Then again I don't like seeing my voltage below 13 ever.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Hmmm with 3,000-3,500wrms and dual batts (hc2400 rear) and see a low voltage of 12.2 and 11.9 under full tone with a 1997-8 eldorado but caddy's have alot of idle accessories.

edit: I personally would spend the extra couple bucks and get a hc2400. Then again I don't like seeing my voltage below 13 ever.

From my testing, Optimas have a higher resting voltage, and a better discharge rate because of the spiral cell design. (lots of plate surface area) Kinetiks are just re-badged UPS batterys, designed to carry low amp loads for long periods of time. I would run an optima over a Kinetik any day.

Archived