How Long To Install A 22re Motor ?

as some of you know , my toy has been down for a while , so i thought it had some thing go wrong with the cylinder head ( broke valve spring , valve , etc..)

but finally got some xtra cash to fix it , so i called my mechanic over to my house to give it a look over and he said i either have a broken piston skirt or piston wrist pin ... :bad: so that means i gots to replace the engine , well i was just wondering how long does it take to pull a 22re and drop a new ( used ! ) one in ??? has anyone done something like this ??

as some of you know , my toy has been down for a while , so i thought it had some thing go wrong with the cylinder head ( broke valve spring , valve , etc..)

but finally got some xtra cash to fix it , so i called my mechanic over to my house to give it a look over and he said i either have a broken piston skirt or piston wrist pin ... :bad: so that means i gots to replace the engine , well i was just wondering how long does it take to pull a 22re and drop a new ( used ! ) one in ??? has anyone done something like this ??

Im not real ure if it was the same motor but my buddy has a truck kinda like yours except lifted and shit for trails and stuff like that. He put a new motor in his in a weekend hes isnt a mechanic or anything so for being 18 and 1 weekend if you know some people down to help maybe 1 full day of work.

any where between 2 and 6 hours in your truck if it is the one in your avi

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

any where between 2 and 6 hours in your truck if it is the one in your avi

yeah it is ( the bagged truck in my avatar ) , just picked up the motor today , got a complete engine for $300.00 , my mechanic will put it in this next weekend , i REALLY can't wait , my truck is such a blast to drive , im literally sitting about 10-12'' of the ground cause its bodydropped and the seats are bolted to the floor , so im VERY , VERY low to the ground :D .. well i just hope my mechanic does the swap on sat. and finishes it that same day !!! so i can go for a nice sunday cruise ..................... :good:

yeah, its not that bad, worst part is making sure everything disconnected, goes back connected as it was

best friend in a engine swap is:

Polaroid camera, or digi cam

and zip lock bags, and permanent marker

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

yeah, its not that bad, worst part is making sure everything disconnected, goes back connected as it was

best friend in a engine swap is:

Polaroid camera, or digi cam

and zip lock bags, and permanent marker

you are right about the digital camera , ziplock bags , and sharpie (marker) !!!!! i still don't think i can put it back together :nea: thats why i am paying my mechanic to do it (side job for him , he's a master mechanic) . i am not afraid to say '' i can't do that and be 100% sure it will work '' . now if it's an enclosure , i can always buy another sheet of MDF , i don't want to have to buy another engine , i cant afford another one ...... :rolleyes: