Sundown Audio

SPlGEO..... new amp choice.

SPLGEO

I'm a Sundown rep, and I wouldn't run one at .35 for daily, it's just too hard on your electrical.  Now a pair at 1.4 strapped, and proper voltage is a winner.

Other than that, I'd have to agree with Accordman, there's no reason to run an amp that low for daily driving, and it voids the warranty on the Sundown running it that low anyways.

I have an email at home from Jacob saying that it would be fine.

Its not the email.. I post the email when i get back home in about 4 hours.

"* - Improper installation INCLUDES not having an adequate electrical system for your audio equipment. If you want to run your SAZ-1500D @ 0.5 ohms nominal and retain warranty coverage you must have a factory battery PLUS an additional deep-cycle style battery PER SA-1500D used. Any less is simply not adequate to keep voltage up.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=8077

Look into Loyd's testing thread. Even with a large 1000 CA Everstart Maxx battery his voltage still dropped below 12 volts at 0.5 ohms nominal and you, in fact, gain VERY LITTLE power output with an insufficient electrical system at the reduced impedance.

With an additional battery Loyd maintained 12.8 volts. Loyd's battery is HUGE... but a regular 1000 CA deep cycle in addition to your factory battery should be sufficient to maintain over 12 volts at this load with a factory alternator.

If you have a high output alternator of 160+ amps and a single LARGE deep cycle like an Group 31 Optima or similar, Kinetik 2400, etc as your primary starting battery / system battery then you are also good for warranty coverage.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...opic=8146"

I have a 1125 cca battery... and soon a hc 2400 also.. plus at the end of Feb. an H.O. ALT. 

as far as ohm load.. it will be wired at .35 but with as large of a box i have i doubt it will ever see anything above .7.

also did i say it would be wired at .35 all of the time? if i did , or led to belive.... 1.4 daily  .7  comps.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

your as bad as a woman...make up your mind

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

O well I do have to admit that in the past Accordman has been right... so if you say so Colossus it is accord man

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

So if accord man approves this i wil get it....

Hifonics Colossus at 1.4 daily..

Hc2400 battery(in the trunk)

200 Amp alt by DOM

dynamat extreme bulk kit.

(accordman fell free to modify it if you think something shoudl be changed, or left out)

Colossus im pretty sure youd be more happy with then a Sundown, given the situation and power needed.  As well as the usage.  The only thing you wanna look at are the Colossus dimensions, as a geo is pretty small.

THE AMP IS ON ITS WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! should be here friday