New Alternator Working Nice But

K that must be why! Thanks

You should youtube the dyno test and post it for us !!! That would be sweet .

MLA

I didn't have a video camera in the shop, but I did go ahead and snap some pics of the Lab when we were testing some units this afternoon. When we have more time, I'll post up a video of an automated dyno session.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The computer interface allows us to run simulations for hours, or even days. We can program any type of varying load/rpm cycles to simulate use on an SPL vehicle, Police car, stock vehicle, etc... We have a thermal hood that can be placed over the unit to simulate a 250 degree underhood environment.

Posted Image

The full test creates an output curve by sampling full output from 12 different RPM points. Here is a pic from the 2400 rotor RPM point (idle) showing the output of a little over 150 amps. This is after 5 minutes at full output to achieve a stator temp of 200 degrees. (to test at normal operating temp)

Posted Image

Here's a shot of hwy RPM sampling point, cranking out around 250 amps.

When the test is finished, it creates a full dyno curve data sheet, which is then sent to the printer and filed under the unit's invoice number.

These particular units have been ordered with the integral adjustable voltage option, so we have one aditional step of setting the voltage to the customer's specs. In this case, the customer wanted a hot voltage of 15.2, so we put the unit under a load, and set the regulator.

Posted Image

Posted Image

...and Voila! a MechMan unit is born- and then taken to be foam-packed and shipped.

Now thats a cool operation!!! Now back to work slacker! I still need a alt for muh benzzzzzzzz :D

j/p on the slacker part

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

deffently replace those lead "DEAD" cell batts for some AGM ... i have a street beat 250 amp alt from mech man an i run my a/c headlights and stereo and no diming at all!!! 154 amps at idle ... mechman has one of the best alternators out... it all depends on ur install

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

Now thats a cool operation!!! Now back to work slacker! I still need a alt for muh benzzzzzzzz :D

j/p on the slacker part

If you want to send us your stock alt with some pics of the motor we could build you one, but I doubt you want the down time.

It helps people trust you more when they have visuals.

Don't take this wrong in anyway its just a question. The alt in the pics was a cs144 , now I see you have the regulator turned up to 15.2volts. Now this is what our product does for the newer alts with the cars computer issue. So since we (MLA) get stock/HO alts to put out at 15volts. How come we cant work together to help Steve's forum be the best it can be about alt , batt,and charging information. After all if your showing an older style alt before "computer controlled alts" cs144 built for 15v then our module that does the same for the computer controlled cars should be fine as well right!!! Thanks for the pics!!!

Chris @ MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

It helps people trust you more when they have visuals.

Don't take this wrong in anyway its just a question. The alt in the pics was a cs144 , now I see you have the regulator turned up to 15.2volts. Now this is what our product does for the newer alts with the cars computer issue. So since we (MLA) get stock/HO alts to put out at 15volts. How come we cant work together to help Steve's forum be the best it can be about alt , batt,and charging information. After all if your showing an older style alt before "computer controlled alts" cs144 built for 15v then our module that does the same for the computer controlled cars should be fine as well right!!! Thanks for the pics!!!

Chris @ MLA

Co-Sign. I must admit MLA (whom ever is typing at the time!!!! LOL) and Mechman are some very knowledgeable guys. Big props to all of them.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

What alternator is giving you the 15.2 reading?

This alt is pluged in.

Posted Image

We see the volt meter and the alternator but see no plugs in the alt to run it? Houdini in the hiz-ouse. LOL

This alt with the "reading" is not pluged in.

Posted Image

Thanks for the pics SMD members appreciate them.

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Archived