The Tiny 700cu Ft. Ht Sub

my buddy has a 800 amp panel on his house, im guessing you would need some shit like that. with dedicated breakers

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

I don't understand why your windows DON'T break, I have seen a friends house window break with 2-15"s, and I swear my front window was going to break with a 12" I had, and that was 250 rms in a tline

But yeah, mismatched speakers FTL, but interesting

and Jonathan, you ask why?

Why do guys on here throw 8-18s in there trucks, and SUVs, -Because its possible!

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I don't understand why your windows DON'T break, I have seen a friends house window break with 2-15"s, and I swear my front window was going to break with a 12" I had, and that was 250 rms in a tline

Why do guys on here throw 8-18s in there trucks, and SUVs, -Because its possible!

I could break windows with much less,there is now a reinforced(braced) ply structure behind the sub wall to protect the windows. With only four 15's going for it there is enough SPL to embarass any single commercial home subwoofer. WIth the whole setup running, like being in a SPL walled van,the walls have serious flex.

There is a mezanine built overhead, and everything is bolted(lag bolts) and glued.

The so called missmatch...there is none,the subs take over from 60Hz on down. No timbre matching here,and every pair of subs is EQ'd to give a flat in room response to ~10Hz. When you have ten 18's and ten 15's plus two JL Auadio Fathom f113's in a 700cu ft room with massive gain in the bass...headroom reigns supreme.

I have eight 15AMP lines, four 20AMP lines and two 40AMP 240V(redirected from stove and dryer to juice this system. The Crown iTech's work on 240V ...the only downside the QSC PL380's run on 120V. So There is "only" 2400W to feed each PL380(capable of sucking ~4KW ).

Why not use audiophile powr amps for subs,because they would be wasted and cost would skyrocker for NOTHING. Capable pro amps like the Crown iTech,MacroTech and QSC's PowerLight are capable of powerfing FiCar BTL's,TC's LMS-5400's and the most power hungry drivers made. Plus these amps have a level of control in the bass few High-End amps have.

i think a car is one thing...i think that for home audio this is way overkill, you let it wang too long your gonna start getting broken beams, cracked drywall....and its gonna get expensive, or your house will implode

40kw is more than most ppl will ever use...and he is using it in his house...thats a freakin lota power

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i think that for home audio this is way overkill, you let it wang too long your gonna start getting broken beams, cracked drywall....and its gonna get expensive

You shall be banned for the first part of that statement! LoL

havent you learned anything? Theres no such thing as overkill..! Lol

Altho you are right about the drywall cracking at seems, tho I really dont know about broken beams.

Me personally, would rather spend the money in my house stereo for a few reasons.

Not every tom dick and mary will see it or hear it.

Easier to keep safe.

Piss of those old neighbors you hate.

A nice home theater in the home will pwn your car audio/video system any day of the week (and the movie theaters too if done right with a nice projector and screen).

Im really liking this little setup, cant wait to see more pics!

You shall be banned for the first part of that statement! LoL

havent you learned anything? Theres no such thing as overkill..! Lol

Altho you are right about the drywall cracking at seems, tho I really dont know about broken beams.

Me personally, would rather spend the money in my house stereo for a few reasons.

Not every tom dick and mary will see it or hear it.

Easier to keep safe.

Piss of those old neighbors you hate.

A nice home theater in the home will pwn your car audio/video system any day of the week (and the movie theaters too if done right with a nice projector and screen).

Im really liking this little setup, cant wait to see more pics!

no i agree, i love a great sounding ht...it makes watching a movie so much different then hearing it thru your tv speakers.....but he is gonna have alota broken shit in his house....ppl with much less power in cars are breaking door pannels, blowing windshields, ripping the roof apart....i just cant WAIT to see pics of what this thing does, your whole house is gonna bounce of the foundation lol!!!! i couldnt imagine some lil kid ridin by on his bike and your watchin 300 or somethin...gotta be priceless

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i think a car is one thing...i think that for home audio this is way overkill, you let it wang too long your gonna start getting broken beams, cracked drywall....and its gonna get expensive, or your house will implode

40kw is more than most ppl will ever use...and he is using it in his house...thats a freakin lota power

Yeh if I were to do something like this (which I would love to be able to afford) I would have a concrete room 1.5-2ft thick so I didn't wreck the rest of my house.

edit: Still thats one beast of a home system.......

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Those MJ's S8's?

Want to get rid of a couple?

LOL

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Archived