Sonic Electronix

Well some of you may know a while back I bought a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe and wanted a little system in it. After saving up about $3000 I want to either put 2 12"Kicker L7's or 2 12" Alpine Type R's. I have heard good things about both subs, especially the type R since it can handle more than its rated. Which sub you guys think that will be a nice overall system. I want it to get loud as well as have nice bass quality.

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

so do you want Sound quality or SPL levels here?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Well I was at BestBuy buying a PS3 and was checking out the car audio. I asked if they had any 08 L7s and he said no. Then he said Get some Alpine Type Rs, they will crush the L7s anyday. Then he put the Sub on and it was banging pretty hard and was only getting 300 RMS. And to answer beanz. im looking for a little bit of both but if both subs have neither of those Ill have to go for the bass quality.

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

The reason he said the type R will crush the L7 is because Best Buy doesn't sell kicker. Go to Circuit City and listen to the L7, then go to Best Buy and listen to the Type R then choose. I would take the L7, I don't like the way the Alpine's surround looks, plus a square sub is just awesome!

Archived