Speedtest.net Really High Numbers ?

opps forgot to post mine:

Posted Image

right on advertised speeds... I've been trying to talk my roommates into upgrading to the 10Mb plan that charter offers in our area... but they aren't feeling it since our cable bill is already $140 a month for cable and internet... hehe... three HD receivers and every premium channel they offer will do that to you!

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Alot of the time when it comes to universities it's going to be hit or miss as to what your speed will be. Most schools have incorporated packet shapers for most residential(resnet) and lab computers. At my school students have complained soo much about slow download speeds(which is easy to bypass by using a download manager to open multiple connections to the server) and gaming that the school has started offering a plan for $10 a month that they switch what network your on so there is no packet shaper.

Then if you look at connections that you say comcast's power boost or whatever it is... those numbers are *sorda* right. Comcast uses the unused bandwidth on your node to double your speed... at nonpeak hours... if you go on when there is bunch of people you will get your advertised speed of 6Mb or 8Mb.

Hey man, what school do you go to? I want to get some more information about that monthly thing and maybe send it to the IT assholes here. We are going to fight it but if we cant win, im going to suggest that.

And as far as getting around our servers, that shit isnt going to happen. They even block torrents which are technically legal. The only way around them is to encrypt them so the server cant detect what it is. What our school does is they will throttle down a whole port. Like the http is what is being throttled down to 600kb but aparently the ICMP which is the protocol that live uses is for some reason being thrown into the same category as the http so the ICMP is being throttles with the HTTP. Its a bunch of horseshit. Like I am no average user, I am a Computer Networking major so I know my way around the block. I know what they are doing and its fucked up. Tomorrow my roommate (also a networking major) and I are going down to the IT director's office and bitching him out.

Hope all goes well lol.

how come u guy's get really high number??this is what im getting

Posted Image

Posted Image

alot better then mine..

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

opps forgot to post mine:

Posted Image

right on advertised speeds... I've been trying to talk my roommates into upgrading to the 10Mb plan that charter offers in our area... but they aren't feeling it since our cable bill is already $140 a month for cable and internet... hehe... three HD receivers and every premium channel they offer will do that to you!

sheeeeit ours is $99.86 a month and we dont even have digital cable. :( just basic with the "expanded" option so we get 68 channels.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

The best part of mine being so fast is watching videos at work or live streaming games while we "work" lol.

Our phones are voip as well so they have to have super fast speed. The only drawback with being so fast is there are not too many websites that can run that fast so you are always at their mercy.

Posted Image

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

Safari 19,660 download 1,260 upload

Firefox 18,840 download 1,640 upload

Google Chrome 8,260 download 1,500upload

Internet Explorer 11,100 download 1,580 upload

results don't seem very consistent :search: :search:

-Drew

EDIT:

FIREFOX TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

Posted Image

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Hey man, what school do you go to? I want to get some more information about that monthly thing and maybe send it to the IT assholes here.

I'm a senior CS student at Saginaw Valley State University(www.svsu.edu)

We are going to fight it but if we cant win, im going to suggest that.

Our ITS department had an open forum in one of the auditoriums to discuss the problems on campus... might try something like that.

And as far as getting around our servers, that shit isnt going to happen.

They even block torrents which are technically legal.

I can't think of a university that allows them anymore... p2p burns up more banwidth than anything.

The only way around them is to encrypt them so the server cant detect what it is. What our school does is they will throttle down a whole port. Like the http is what is being throttled down to 600kb but aparently the ICMP which is the protocol that live uses is for some reason being thrown into the same category as the http so the ICMP is being throttles with the HTTP.

Packet shapers are fun :) On http and ftp downloads you should be able to use a download manager to open multiple connections... that should help speeds some... as for live... good luck.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived