Goliath on a BTL

Gavin

I'm looking into picking up 18's for my new build. I was thinking about FI, my question is.. will the fully loaded BTL's handle 4 Goliaths in a DB Drag setup? :weight_lift: :weight_lift: Right now, I'm using Atomic APX18D1's.

48956a0.jpgwww.competitionsoundz.comTeam R&RTeam MaxxsonicsTeam DC AudioTeam PowermasterTeam KinetikHooker car audio

I would say that if you turned the gains down just a little bit then you would be ok.. but that all depends on the wiring configurations you plan on going with. are you planning on running under that 1 ohm point? or you wanting to run it .7 ohms? tell what voice coil configuration you are planning on buying, but if it were me, i would not load the full 5000 watts into them. thats asking for them to blow.

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

I would say that if you turned the gains down just a little bit then you would be ok.. but that all depends on the wiring configurations you plan on going with. are you planning on running under that 1 ohm point? or you wanting to run it .7 ohms? tell what voice coil configuration you are planning on buying, but if it were me, i would not load the full 5000 watts into them. thats asking for them to blow.

Well, it is for SPL so I would like to give them as much power as possible but... living 6000 miles away, I do not plan on ordering recones every competition. As for the coil config. I would go with the .7 coil config. How is FI on recones? fair price, expensive or cheap?

48956a0.jpgwww.competitionsoundz.comTeam R&RTeam MaxxsonicsTeam DC AudioTeam PowermasterTeam KinetikHooker car audio

for strictly burping, just slam as much power as you can afford at them. for music, stick to 3000-4500rms.

GM, this will be for all out spl but... your answer does not help at all. Back to my original question, can the fully loaded FI BTL's handle 5k per sub? :^

for a burp that BTL will take 10K  if its in the proper enclosure.

meade is putting damn near 5k on them for music, they dont stink, smell, nothing, they get warm but nothing they cant handle.

Back to my original question, can the fully loaded FI BTL's handle 5k per sub? :^

taken from the great 12" challenge at ROE...

"Build quality is very good

Somewhat inefficient in power / output conversion.

the most most abuse tolerant design on hand

SPL Box testing was limited to 10,000 watts because the amps ran out of gas

Woofer will be ok with musical content over RMS spec (under 6000 watts)

Woofer will be ok with SPL burp power over RMS spec (under 9000 watts)

Woofer soaked up 6000 watts RMS for as long as we put it to it."

the btl will laugh at 5kw burps...

Archived