Second Skin Audio

jl 10w7 is it worh having?

Guest beatitouttheframe

im not a fan of jl i like pyle over jl lol

that was ignorance speaking, i traded my first 13w7 for my first 06 XXX i loved the W7 but its nothing on the XXX, buti  would easily say it sounded better then alot of other subs ive heard

i dont realy care about sq just spl is it a good sub for me?

if it is SPL that you really want, then this sub is NOT for you.

i'm not saying that it won't get loud, im just saying that it's no SPL sub.

Again, I've got to chime in.  I've posted this somewhere else also.  I've had W7's for a while now.  Two years ago my 2 10w7's with a single 1000/1 in my hatch did 148.8.  That's pretty damn loud fellas.  That's only putting 500 to each sub

w7's actually are an spl sub in a way.  When compared to the solox, H2, 9500 and other such subs, the w7 beat all of them except maybe the solo x because of it's excursion. 

I don't have a reference but it's a comprehensive test on sounddomain or some other forum, it was called like the battle of the 12's

when it comes down to it, it's all in the install, but i found this test interesting

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

SQ Subjective Listening

All testing was conducted in an Ford E-150 full-size cargo van, with power being provided by a PG Tantrum 1200.1. Power was constant from 2 to 4 ohms, so 2 and 4 ohm DVC drivers received the same amount of power. The subwoofer preout voltage was not adjusted during testing to remove that as a variable. Listening material included the following:

the sq testing was done with all the same amp. but like they said, that powered each sub to its specs. you cant get more real than that.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg