1 18" Btl In Expedition Build And Pics.

Whoops, shitty double post.

It's prob not the vid man, it's my crappy ass internets.

'03 Ford Explorer XLT

24s

Dem 24s? Nah nigga dem 10s - Earthman

Whoops, shitty double post.

It's prob not the vid man, it's my crappy ass internets.

Do you have to ground all the 0 gauge wires separately? Because in the past I would just ground all my batteries and amp through the battery under the hood. I am about to start my build with one red top under the hood and three blue tops in my trunk, will it be a problem for me to ground the batteries and the amp through the negative terminal under the hood or should I ground them separately like you. By the way great job on your build. Thanks

Do you have to ground all the 0 gauge wires separately? Because in the past I would just ground all my batteries and amp through the battery under the hood. I am about to start my build with one red top under the hood and three blue tops in my trunk, will it be a problem for me to ground the batteries and the amp through the negative terminal under the hood or should I ground them separately like you. By the way great job on your build. Thanks

you get a better ground if you ground them to the battery, u can do them to each battery but it dosnt really matter, u get better sound tho if its through a ground on the battery

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

you get a better ground if you ground them to the battery, u can do them to each battery but it dosnt really matter, u get better sound tho if its through a ground on the battery

better sound?? so by if you have a thd of say 15% and all you do is ground through the battery it could drop it to 5% or less??

i doubt better sound bro.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

better sound?? so by if you have a thd of say 15% and all you do is ground through the battery it could drop it to 5% or less??

i doubt better sound bro.

no it does sound better ask bill, he is the one that said so, he said that he had a before and after sound comparison too and it is better

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

yhe only way i could see "better" sound was if the ground was ppor in the first place causing him to clip.... with out changing any stettings on the amo and relocating the ground which just so happend to be to the front battery he may have increased the capabilties of the amp....and reduced the clipping...

but to me unless your running a VERY VER hgih current systems id say over 6000watts im okay with grounding it to the frame/body then just upgrading the grounds in the fron engine area.....that is the whole purpose of the big three...it was actually intended to help out people who ground to the frame....

for me a run just shy of 7000 watts daily and i have doubled all y big 3 cuse im too lazy to run a negative run from the front to the bacn in theiry youll gain a few 10ths by doing this but with all that i have minimal dimming of the headlights and im okay with it... no problems for me yet...

99 4runner

walled 2 18 fi btl ufo psi recones 15 cubes 33hz port bottom behind the C pillar

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

1 baby seat 1 booster seat and daily driven!

it probably varies from car to car, but i do remember seeing him say that by grounding to the battery, you WILL see a difference. i wouldnt doubt his experience either

ill have to try it i guess.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I was always under the impression that it was best to ground to the frame in the shortest distance possible?

But your saying if I ground the cap and amp to the 2nd battery in the back I may pick up a little? I am not going to run the ground for the 2nd battery all the way to the front battery, as I had a hard enough time running the first wire where I wanted it. I think I may upgrade the ground wires up front and move the rear amp and cap grounds to the 2nd battery and see, as I am getting a little clipping.

I have a question though, on only one particular song, a bass comp song with very low notes, the amp will go into protect mode, but I was watching the cap's voltage readout, and it never dropped below 12 something volts. Could this be because of grounds?