ptcary Posted October 23, 2008 Report Posted October 23, 2008 I am toying with the idea of moving my 7" monitor into the dash radio opening, which means the radio has to be moved. Has anyone ever installed the detachable faceplate in a seperate location from the head unit chassis? Maybe by soldering a harness between the two??? I am not concerned about the cd player, I only use iPod now. Its an Eclipse CD7000. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
The Performer Posted October 26, 2008 Report Posted October 26, 2008 I've seen it done a few times. Someone posted pictures of their faceplate in the map light console up above. I'm trying to remember what thread it was in, but for the life of me I cant find it. You're most likely going to have to just extend the connections, as well as modify the latch at the main unit. I know on my headunit it has a switch in the hinge that lets the unit know if the face is attached or not, which in turn lets the unit power up or not. CERTIFIED BITCHES!!! Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks' Click to see my build! Proud DC owner
BassJunkie Posted October 27, 2008 Report Posted October 27, 2008 I've seen it done a few times. Someone posted pictures of their faceplate in the map light console up above. I'm trying to remember what thread it was in, but for the life of me I cant find it.You're most likely going to have to just extend the connections, as well as modify the latch at the main unit. I know on my headunit it has a switch in the hinge that lets the unit know if the face is attached or not, which in turn lets the unit power up or not. King suv? Random picture post? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...st&p=434722 1986 C20 Suburban 9 American Bass XFL 15's B2 M1MKII 14v XS Power Batteries Maxwell Caps Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.
roscoe1129 Posted October 27, 2008 Report Posted October 27, 2008 wow i havent seen this issue in a while but yeah its been done a few times. I know there was one type of unit that came that way back in the day (could use the face seperate) I dont remember which. Its gonna require a ribbon cable and a spare unit (for the connectors) to do it correctly. Its not impossible just alot of tedious work. Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer Scientia est Vox "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
Forevrbumpn Posted October 27, 2008 Report Posted October 27, 2008 Ive done it back in 99' no problems at all, just used a solder gun, a 14 wire data cable, thin gauge like 26-29gauge some flux, and gave the data cable enuff slack to be ran thru the headliner, to the A pillar, to the deck in the center console I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
The Performer Posted October 27, 2008 Report Posted October 27, 2008 King suv? Random picture post?http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...st&p=434722 That was it. Yeah, looks like it's quite a bit of work, but looks DAMN good in the end. CERTIFIED BITCHES!!! Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks' Click to see my build! Proud DC owner
ptcary Posted October 27, 2008 Author Report Posted October 27, 2008 Thanks guys, I decided against it, to many pins involved on an Eclipse head unit. It would have opened up a lot of space and options, though! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.