Second Skin Audio

How To Make 45 Degree Corners (ported Box)

wasted ink

what do you mean? for when the plates arent perpinducluar? or for outside corners on port walls? if its the latter, thats coming soon..

or do you just mean the rest of the 45's in my box?

Wasted, Incorporated

Up Front: Optima Yellowtop

HU:Pioneer Avic N1 w/ 2007 upgrade

Front Stage: MB Quart 6.5 comps

Rear Fill: Infinity Reference

Sub Stage: RE MT 18

Sub Amp: Undecided

Sub Enclosure: 5.5 cubes tuned to 33hz

Absolute Terminals

SkyTec 5100RS 2-Way LCD Pager

KnuKonceptz Wire

My Build Log

I think that David is saying instead of just showing how to do the 45's in the vertical locations in the box also show how to do the horizontal corners and have them meet without having a wierd looking corner. I do all my 45's inside my boxes with fiberglass resin so when the two corners meet the resin molds to them and I don't have any complex cuts like the ones you would have with wood.

Here's a pic of what I think that David is talking about. Except mine is done with resin instead of wood. This pic doesn't show all the corners done, but it shows two 45's intersecting in the bottom corners. This is the box in my car right now.

Posted Image

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

nice cuts, when i do that it just scares me. even when i use a push stick

I think that David is saying instead of just showing how to do the 45's in the vertical locations in the box also show how to do the horizontal corners and have them meet without having a wierd looking corner. I do all my 45's inside my boxes with fiberglass resin so when the two corners meet the resin molds to them and I don't have any complex cuts like the ones you would have with wood.

Here's a pic of what I think that David is talking about. Except mine is done with resin instead of wood. This pic doesn't show all the corners done, but it shows two 45's intersecting in the bottom corners. This is the box in my car right now.

Posted Image

yea my bad, i thought of that after i posted... for those corners i was planning on going the same thing as the verticals, but leaving an inch space on both sides... and then filling in with resin after that.. i dont like the thought of a pool of resin, without an reinforcement if you get what i mean.. so i like using the wood inserts wherever i can, and use the resin to tie in the corners without having a strange look, like you said.

Wasted, Incorporated

Up Front: Optima Yellowtop

HU:Pioneer Avic N1 w/ 2007 upgrade

Front Stage: MB Quart 6.5 comps

Rear Fill: Infinity Reference

Sub Stage: RE MT 18

Sub Amp: Undecided

Sub Enclosure: 5.5 cubes tuned to 33hz

Absolute Terminals

SkyTec 5100RS 2-Way LCD Pager

KnuKonceptz Wire

My Build Log

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

could you use a chop saw to make the 45 degree on a 45 degree to get the corners matched up if you're using wood??

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

no because a chop so only has what 8-12" of cutting capability

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived