How To Get 17volt

Hi there, i saw the amp listed 17.7v, the rms also increase, in physic power and voltage is directly proportional.

so, how to get '17.7v' or around that voltage? my car now is at around 14v.

is there any 16v battery?

what alternator recommend? running in belt.

another question, i saw some of them are using 'metal chain' belt to run the alternator, so that's mean need to modify whole of the engine belt pulley?

Hi there, i saw the amp listed 17.7v, the rms also increase, in physic power and voltage is directly proportional.

another question, i saw some of them are using 'metal chain' belt to run the alternator, so that's mean need to modify whole of the engine belt pulley?

im pretty sure if you put a 16v battery in a car your gonna fry something i would just stick with a normal 12v amp

Vehicle:1998 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 I6 with Cherry Bomb and Cold Air Intake,

Speakers:5 1/4 Pioneers in front and back

Deck: Jensen DVD In-Dash

Amp: Lanzar Opti-Drive 2000w

Subs: 2 Boss Chaos Edtion 1000w max (500wrms)

Rubber: Nitto Grappler 35 x 12.50

Fun Things: Cobra CB with PA speaker to piss people off =]

If the listening level is too loud, then your not deaf enough

=]

its one of those things where if you have to ask, you shouldn't do it. Stick with 12 volt for now, learn, watch the boards, do some builds, and then consider making the leap. There's only a few guys here that run a 16 volt system, and all of them are hardcore competitors.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

You probably gonna need a external alternator with regulator to adjust the voltage. I wouldn't do this until you fully understand how to do this correct because running a higher voltage can lead to damage fuses and electrical devices in your vechicle. I still reading about this electrical upgrade.

A real 16 volt set up would need over 19v to see a full charge in the battery. Kinetic's have a 12v step down built into their batteries which works fine for most needs. But an independant alt and battery set up is highly recommended , we can get you the voltage needed for a 16v set up off a normal factory or HO internally regulated alt if needed.

Most daily drivers and/or the average competitors are fine on a 12v setup. You should stick with a 12v system and charge it at 15volts from a module.

Let us know,

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...