First Time Trying To Do Some Fiberglass Work(done!)

kentb

looks nice man!!!

funny shit, i had a king of the hill flash back

so are you chinese or japanese, me Laotian, the ocean what ocean, from laos stupid land lost country by south east asia

so are you chinese or japanese

haha love it..:P jp man just messin with ya

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

What he means is you're going to run the wires through that flexible rubber boot. That's where all of the wires go through to the door itself.

Just curious though, why do you need to run wires through there anyway? I'm sure the stock speaker wires are already through that, and all your tweeters are in the door panel that I see.

Funny, just today I was helping my cousin run his tweeters to his a-pillars. The crossover was in the door panel so naturally we had to run the new wires through the rubber boot. When you're doing it, a really flexible coat hanger wire or a fairly stiff ziptie, and some electrical tape are your friend to fish the wires through. When you get to that step you'll see what I mean.

pretty much exactly what i told him but i guess it was confusing. that bolt i spoke of on top dont mess with it, as its a ground to all your power doors and windows

There is a huge plastic molex type plug in the driver side door so it really sucks getting wire through it. It is not just a rubber boot. I think James is talking about the top of this plug there is a rubber plug that has a bolt under it that is the ground for the door. All I know is that the drivers door not being normal has stopped me from adding a couple sets of speakers to each door. I am looking forward to the rest of this and advice others give to get past this obstacle.

What he means is you're going to run the wires through that flexible rubber boot. That's where all of the wires go through to the door itself.

Just curious though, why do you need to run wires through there anyway? I'm sure the stock speaker wires are already through that, and all your tweeters are in the door panel that I see.

Funny, just today I was helping my cousin run his tweeters to his a-pillars. The crossover was in the door panel so naturally we had to run the new wires through the rubber boot. When you're doing it, a really flexible coat hanger wire or a fairly stiff ziptie, and some electrical tape are your friend to fish the wires through. When you get to that step you'll see what I mean.

i opened it up and it looks wierd, it looks like a shower with tiny holes.

its impossible to run it through there.

so what i did was i run it through the rubber boot, routed it outside then to the plastic thing, i made a hole using a dremel that fits the speakerwire..

its hard to understand but ill show you some pics when i get a chance.

busy on school work.

looks nice man!!!

funny shit, i had a king of the hill flash back

so are you chinese or japanese, me Laotian, the ocean what ocean, from laos stupid land lost country by south east asia

so are you chinese or japanese

haha love it..:P jp man just messin with ya

lol proud filipino here.

you know Projekt AI?

our house is near their shop

lookin great man, will this be done for the show on the 15th?

yup it will be.

are you 100%?

pretty much exactly what i told him but i guess it was confusing. that bolt i spoke of on top dont mess with it, as its a ground to all your power doors and windows

actually i losen up the bolt and it just shows you that its impossible to run it inside that black plastic thing.

ill show the pics when i get the chance.

There is a huge plastic molex type plug in the driver side door so it really sucks getting wire through it. It is not just a rubber boot. I think James is talking about the top of this plug there is a rubber plug that has a bolt under it that is the ground for the door. All I know is that the drivers door not being normal has stopped me from adding a couple sets of speakers to each door. I am looking forward to the rest of this and advice others give to get past this obstacle.

Sounds like a pain in the ass...

Ford's are weird...

Chevy FTW.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

thats exactly it! ill show you what i did soon. some may not like it but it works for me.

yeah , ill be there 100% . already took the whole day off from work. you gonna wrap those in vinyl or carpet to match the door panels? or maybe shooting some paint ?

i'll do a carpet but i can't find one that perfectly matches my interior. so i might just use the one from partsexpress, the same carpet i used for my wall.

looks pretty good for it being your first time........

thanks man, i wanna do it again just to correct my mistakes but its just too much god damn work its not even worth it hehehe.. i might practice on my sisters car and make some fiberglass subwoofer enclosure.

Archived