Threaded Inserts

when you install these. Does it matter which direction you install the bolt into sfter they are installed. It fits both ways, i know, but it would seem to me that it would have a lot more strength from the backside so it doesn't pull out.

2191804672_1acb418aa8.jpg

Edited by BAGGEDBIRDS.com

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

Yeah it would be stronger, I assume if you drilled the hole only half through the board then you have a barrier for the insert to not be able to keep going through.

I've seen these and they're pretty nifty, but I've always just stuck with T-nuts. We've used these inserts in cheapo bath vanities and they just suck ass. It seems like it being such big threads that it tears the wood up more and feels loose all the time.

But if you're in a situation where these are going to work better than the T-nuts I say go for it, just make sure to put wood glue around the threads to give it a tight hold. :good:

Still kinda leery on that being brass. :sad:

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

i haven't used them yet, i thought i might give them a try but i can just as easily use a t-nut. i thought they might be easier but not if they pull out.

i never thought about putting them in from the back would back them out, i guess it would.

looks like im back to me t-nuts.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

if you install it from the back side, it would be pointless. it would unscrew itself.

That's true, I didn't think about that myself either.

Yeah, T-nuts FTW.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

The ones I use have a flat "flange" on the top. you can swing by here and take a look. ai2

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

if the hole goes all the way through..then of course it wouldn't matter which side you put it on. I think i messed up on mine and put them in the backside...I think i did it that way, so when I unscrew the bolt it doesn't unscrew the insert. I used t-nuts before until i went to unscrew the bolt and the t-nut stripped out of the wood.

ive used these plenty of times and i think they are better then t-nuts. if you just putting a bolt into it then sure it could possibly back it out when you loosen it, but of course that would be pointless. the point is to bolt something down which means there will be something over top of it which is bolted down to it. with there being something on top of it it cant come out cause in order for it to unscrew it will start to rise outta the wood its in, which it cant cuz there is somthing over top of it. as long as you dont drill to big of a hole to put it in they will be more then sturdy enough. usually the package they come in says on the back what size hole to drill.