Here we go again. Everything is in and has been roughly tuned. Loud as all hell. Much louder than before. And I know the amp has more because my voltage even with the second battery and 225 amp alt is dropping fast.

The list:

'96 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Fi BTL 18"

1 Sundown Audio SAZ-3000d

1 Rockford Fosgate p500-2

1 Pair Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5" components

1 Pair Alpine Type R Coaxial 6.5"Alpine CDA-7897 Head Unit + 6 Disk Changer

225 amp Excessive Amperage alternator

1 (soon to be more) Powermaster d680 battery.

Sub wired down to .5 ohms.

I built the box wrong, but it sounds good and gets down so I'm gonna be keeping it. These are the original plans, however, my box I put the port along the entire length of the bottom instead of the side, so it is hella huge. But there is no noticeable port noise so I'm fine with it.

Posted Image

Also, because I simply do not have the time and tools to do the electrical, my buddy as St. Lucie Sounds hooked me up. Installed amp, sub, battery, and tuned, along with changing around all my old wiring and stuff. Nice and clean.

Pics of box when it was made will be on soon. Final pics and vids,....gonna be a while, I don't have a cam here.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

did you buy the sub used? ida tryed to stay away from the half ohm wiring if your using this daily

nope sub was new. I went easy on the gain, and the sub and amp barely get warm so far so I will ease into it and see where I feel comfortable. Also I will be getting an MLA module next time I hit some money and at least one more battery, which will definitely help the amp out.

yeh i'm sure stepping up to bigger battery(s) would help out a whole lot. you already got the HO alternator covered.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

I've got a D3100 in my car running 2 SAZ1500d's off the stock alt. I've also got a 950 amp duralast up front and the lights still dim like crazy. You may run into the same thing even with a D3100. Are you having any issues like that now? I've tested the drop when burping and I only drop down to 12.6, but with the lights on I'm sure that I'm dropping to high 11's.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I've got a D3100 in my car running 2 SAZ1500d's off the stock alt. I've also got a 950 amp duralast up front and the lights still dim like crazy. You may run into the same thing even with a D3100. Are you having any issues like that now? I've tested the drop when burping and I only drop down to 12.6, but with the lights on I'm sure that I'm dropping to high 11's.

Oh yea, I can't play my shit full blast at all or instant voltage drop, my next piece of equip will be the 3100 up front, so we will see how that does. I am being careful enough that I'm not worried about destroying my equipment, until I get a MLA and my voltage problems taken care of.

Archived