Sundown Audio

Os Lanzar Optidrive Knowledge

chronic2001

I hooked my lanzar optidrive 2500 up. I played it for about 30 minutes at 2 ohm 2 channel. Next thing you know it cuts out and the little green power light on the amp starts to flash from green to red green to red. I can believe that i could have burned it up the gain was a little over half. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

I hooked my lanzar optidrive 2500 up. I played it for about 30 minutes at 2 ohm 2 channel. Next thing you know it cuts out and the little green power light on the amp starts to flash from green to red green to red. I can believe that i could have burned it up the gain was a little over half. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

id say it goes to protect mode when....it gets too HOT or too low on electrical...or too low on ohm load...

plus one more thing the amp cant get burned like that...your amp just got too hot and just went into protect mode everytime you higherd your gain...you might wanna keep your gain a lil lower man

might want to check you ground cable to see if the cable has a solid ground point too and make sure you have ample enough current getting to the amp also the opti drive amps are current hungry even at 4 ohm mono you know i had those 3 2500 on 9 jl w6 and never had any problems unless my voltage drop below the limit of 11v and it was due to a faulty ground cable if everything checks out send it to me and i will check it out

plus one more thing the amp cant get burned like that...your amp just got too hot and just went into protect mode everytime you higherd your gain...you might wanna keep your gain a lil lower man

like they said check the ground, I used to run one of those and had to change the ground 3 times

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

like they said check the ground, I used to run one of those and had to change the ground 3 times

I tried 4 different grounds and still no luck. Gains are now a little under a quarter of the way up. Well hope this amp didn't take a poop. It is definetly not because over over heating because it sat in the truck all night at 35 degrees next morning i tried all the new grounds.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

Big 3 upgrade

whats your voltage drop to

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I don't currently have a voltage gauge hooked up. The amp is only 1000watts rms in a 04 expedition. I figured the stock stuff could handle a short test run. My light dimmed but only when i had it up loud for 20-30 seconds at a time. I also have a us amps us4300x connected to same ground and same power and it has done fine this whole time. Not really sure why it would work for about 15-25 minutes of true listening time and then go into some sort of protection that it would come out of. I would have thought as soon as i corrected to problem whether it be a ground of what not that it would go back out of protection. At least once it cooled down because it was warm but not abnormally hot.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

Big 3 upgrade

I don't currently have a voltage gauge hooked up. The amp is only 1000watts rms in a 04 expedition. I figured the stock stuff could handle a short test run. My light dimmed but only when i had it up loud for 20-30 seconds at a time. I also have a us amps us4300x connected to same ground and same power and it has done fine this whole time. Not really sure why it would work for about 15-25 minutes of true listening time and then go into some sort of protection that it would come out of. I would have thought as soon as i corrected to problem whether it be a ground of what not that it would go back out of protection. At least once it cooled down because it was warm but not abnormally hot.

ill say voltage drop..but you dont have to have a voltage gauge hooked up to check voltage..you could easy check on lights and RPM's....maybe you need extra batteries for your amp....your stock stuff maybe cant handle your 1000watts...even in my car with 1000watts with BIG III i still have major voltage drop...my RPM's drop...alot...i have to acelerate all the time..no joke

Edited by DUBIE