Second Skin Audio

System Question

I'm just taking all your opinions and researching before I decide.The only subs I have heard that were loud with 6 or less in a car were the juggernaut 15s,old school strokers,digital designs 9515, and 4 15 inch soundstream 170s sounded pretty good.I have only heard the solo x , fi btl , treo ssx from watching videos on youtube and here on Meade's site.

I like the way the soundstream xxx looks but the power needed and the quad coil 1 ohms make it out of the question.The solo x is tempting but still undecided.

Anyway guys send me suggestions and any videos if you have any so I can decide.Whatever I choose I will probably buy one to test than buy three more if I like the sound.thanks for the help so far.

you could get some atomic apxx's they'll take the the power and they get loud as fuck

but only 2000 rms i'd go with the apx its more daily

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

you need the new AA-SMD woofer

comming soon FEB of 09

You read my mind i was just about to say about that sub

Kenwood_headunit

2: Kenwood_KFC-P707ie 6.5" comps

2: Kenwood_KFC-1060S 10cm Speakers

2: Fli_Integrator FI6 6.5" speakers

1: Fli_Frequency-12 12" sub

1: Kenwood_KAC-606 2ch amp

(soon to come)

Clarion_DXZ658RMP-Headunit

2: kenwood_KAC-8404 4ch amp

2: 10cm comps (dont know what 1s yet)

2: 12" subs (Dont know what 1s yet but i Got my eye on that new smd sub coming out)

1: rear batt

new box build

and loads of uver stuff to come in the near future

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team Street Motivated Devastation

SMD-Editionsig-1.jpg

yeah I'm looking for something that is available now so the meade subs aren't an option.I'm surprised nobody has mentioned treo they must not be all that great.Anybody else have a suggestion

Audiopulse Axis?

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

audiopulse axis? Never heard of it.Wow mach5,DC,audioque,and T3 all companies I have never heard of.How do these companies compare to a DD 9515 or a mmats juggernaut?

How about a solo x or a soundstream XXX?

I can vouch for the T3 TSS being more suited for your goal than the DD 9515 as I tested both head to head before I went with T3.

The T3 has the same motor as the DD but a coil similar to the DD9900 series. Also, the suspension makes it very capable of having excellent transient response and low frequency extension.

I am currently putting 2500w a piece to my T3s and am burping at 153.2 at 39-42hz and can play music over 150 db all day long.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

the juggernauts blow to quick i had them for a while and they cant handle power, even one of my buddys had 4 15's juggs in a wall and after playing for a little bit 2 of them went! i mean shure they get loud but wont hold for long!

the t3's , solo x's, and btl,s are all good depending on enclosure! but 4 18 inch solo x is more cone area!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.