Second Skin Audio

Decisions, Decisions....

I'm getting a blazer here soon and I'm wanting to put 3 15's in it, BUT I've been looking at both the BTL and the XXX. I'm definitely leaning towards the BTL cause of the XXX price and also way more postive feedback on the BTL but then again nothing bad on the XXX. But anyways I need some opinions on which route to take. THANKS

i prefer the sound of the XXX over the BTL, and its loud enough for me given the quality of sound out of it.

most will tell you to get the BTL though so try to find a way to get some hands on time with either sub or both. maybe theres a member near you or somethign that can let you take a listen.

you cant even compare the 2 subs

the BTL is about half the XXX price, and there goals in sound are different

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

My money would go for the xxx but if you think money is an issuse then go with FI BTL. I really like the Re xxx because it design and it can do very good excursion. Not eveyone can afford it because it very pricey.

BTL is a strait up brutal spl sub, the XXX is a sq sub, it gets loud but sounds way better then the btl (no ive never heard the xxx but have read tons of reviews) also i hear that the older model XXX is better than this years model as whell

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

BTL is a strait up brutal spl sub, the XXX is a sq sub, it gets loud but sounds way better then the btl (no ive never heard the xxx but have read tons of reviews) also i hear that the older model XXX is better than this years model as whell

ownig both i dont agree. the neweer one is a little more low end heady but i like that and given the correct box imo they sound phenomenal

ownig both i dont agree. the neweer one is a little more low end heady but i like that and given the correct box imo they sound phenomenal

oh ok, like i said i was just going off of other reviews i have read and heard, thx for clearing it up

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

oh ok, like i said i was just going off of other reviews i have read and heard, thx for clearing it up

the older models are more durable and most xxx fans will tell you to go and try to find i believe an 06? model, before they were shipped over seas to be made

i'm all for the xxx i love that sub

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

Money isn't really an issue i just wanted to know if paying that much more the sub would be better cause higher price doesn't always mean better. I'll have to wait until i'm home to watch some youtube videos of the XXX... damn school. haha thanks for all the replies.