Second Skin Audio

Decisions, Decisions....

lol thats what i thought but u quoted my post so i was like huh? am i missing something?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Alright sorry for basing my choice on videos, and yes i know its gonna be difficult, and yes right now i'm planning everything out, i'm not gonna get everything right now, i'll buy it piece by piece. Yes i'll need a higher amperage alternator and probably dual alternators, and yes several batteries and lots of wiring. I just wanted some opinions of people who've actually have heard both. And to get this all straight the its the old XXX vs. the newer btl? or older btl?

check out my sig I did a build with 4 18 xxx's there is a link to some short vids in it somewhere. All said and done I had over 15000watts, and even tho I never did update the build I had more alts and batteries in it also. My amps were fosgate t3k's with 2 kinetik hc2400's per 3k plus an 1800 IIRC under the hood.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Alright sorry for basing my choice on videos, and yes i know its gonna be difficult, and yes right now i'm planning everything out, i'm not gonna get everything right now, i'll buy it piece by piece. Yes i'll need a higher amperage alternator and probably dual alternators, and yes several batteries and lots of wiring. I just wanted some opinions of people who've actually have heard both. And to get this all straight the its the old XXX vs. the newer btl? or older btl?

probably new btl vs new xxx. havent seen any old xxx's fs recently

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

It's not a fair comparison really.

The new XXX is a high-powered SQL sub whereas the BTL is much more brutal.

You're better to compare the XXX to something like the Q although the Q obviously won't take the same power.

My friend has a V4 (? the new one, the US made ones) XXX 12 running off a bit over 1000w in a 1 cube sealed box and it sounds phenomenal. Murders the lows, despite being sealed.

It didn't quite have the impact I'm used to but he had it ported a while ago and it did mid 140's on 1000w so they definitely get loud.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Alright I'm gonna with the XXX's and as for amps. I think i'm gonna go with a T40001bd for 2 subs and a T20001bd for the 3rd one and doing 1 HC1400 for a battery replacement and 3 kintetik HC2000 power cells. Sound alright?

Edited by miraclemauro