Poping Fuses In Amp

also do you have to 1ohm mono or stereo cuzz its a 2 channel amp and that could be another reason.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I own a directed 1200t and it calls for 3 30a fuses. its wired at 1 ohm bridged. And once i turn it up to certin point and it pops the fuses like nuthin'.

could this be cuz i dont have any inline fuse off the battery?

1ohm bridged....so you mean .5ohm stereo.....no wonder your blowing fuses....you ohm load is to low....and yes you ground and positive should be the same size.

edit: roscoe and I think alike...he just types faster.... :friends:

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Hm, thats a good question. i'm not quite sure of the exact specs of this amp cuz there hard to come across. but i do kno it has a switch that says mono or stereo. Theres also a LED light that indicates its doing a 1 ohm load. Also theres a switch on the side that says 1ohm or 2/4 ohms. i looked all over for specs for this amp an i coulden't find them.

Subs - Diamond d6 12's

Box - Prefab Memphis newer style

Amp - Directed 1200t

Car - 98 Honda Accord LX f23a1

I dont think that amp is meant to be run at 1Ohm bridged, I just looked up the specs on it and it says 1 Ohm: 500x2, so idk if i'm reading it wrong or if that means bridged....

Edit: Damn i'm slow....

Edited by e_train

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

you need to run 4ga with that amp bro for power and ground man.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Hm, thats a good question. i'm not quite sure of the exact specs of this amp cuz there hard to come across. but i do kno it has a switch that says mono or stereo. Theres also a LED light that indicates its doing a 1 ohm load. Also theres a switch on the side that says 1ohm or 2/4 ohms. i looked all over for specs for this amp an i coulden't find them.

easy enough to find :D

RMS continuous power per channel, driven in 4

ohm mode @ 14.4 VDC

RMS continuous power per channel, driven in 1

ohm mode @ 14.4 VDC

225 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms

450 Watts RMS @ 2 ohms

900 Watts bridged @ 4 ohms

150 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms

275 Watts RMS @ 2 ohms

500 Watts RMS @ 1 ohms

1000 Watts bridged @ 2 ohms

and heres a link to the manual

manual link

EDIT: ha ha your all toooooo slow! :lol:

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

His problem is that he is pushing his amp too hard.

You said you have it bridged at 1 ohm.

Its a 2 channel amp, its only stable down to 1 ohm STEREO. Its rated for 500wrms by 2 @ 1 ohm stereo.

When you bridge 2 channels of a amp together at 1 ohm like your saying you done, you are pushing each Channel at .5 ohms bridged. Where the amp is only 1 ohm stable stereo, 2 ohm stable bridged.

Your fuses keep blowing because you are drawing too much current thru the fuses to have the amp produce power at 1 ohm bridged (.5 ohms per channel). Your fuses are popping which is preventing your amp to heat up due to the extra current, and blow your amp.

You could try putting in two 30 amp fuses and one 40 amp fuse and see if the fuses still blow. You will be at 100 amps of fusing.

If it blows,

Try two 40 amp fuses, and one 30 amp fuse.

If it blows,

Try three 40 amp fuses, 120 amps total of fusing, 30 amps more then manufactures specs.

Running the amp at a lower impedance, even if its still a stable impedance/ohm load is going to cause more amperage to be sucked from your electrical system, resulting in blowing fuses.

Id however not reccomend upgrading the fuses unless you monitor your amp temps freq for a while. But lets just say that you better prey for that thermal protection to kick on to protect the amp from over heating, because most likely the fuses arent gonna blow.

But yea. Your amp is only 2 ohm stable bridged (mono), 1 ohm stable stereo per channel.

Running your amp at 1 ohm bridged (mono), is running each channel at .5 ohms, and is what is blowing the fuses.

His problem is that he is pushing his amp too hard.

You said you have it bridged at 1 ohm.

Its a 2 channel amp, its only stable down to 1 ohm STEREO. Its rated for 500wrms by 2 @ 1 ohm stereo.

When you bridge 2 channels of a amp together at 1 ohm like your saying you done, you are pushing each Channel at .5 ohms bridged. Where the amp is only 1 ohm stable stereo, 2 ohm stable bridged.

Your fuses keep blowing because you are drawing too much current thru the fuses to have the amp produce power at 1 ohm bridged (.5 ohms per channel). Your fuses are popping which is preventing your amp to heat up due to the extra current, and blow your amp.

You could try putting in two 30 amp fuses and one 40 amp fuse and see if the fuses still blow. You will be at 100 amps of fusing.

If it blows,

Try two 40 amp fuses, and one 30 amp fuse.

If it blows,

Try three 40 amp fuses, 120 amps total of fusing, 30 amps more then manufactures specs.

Running the amp at a lower impedance, even if its still a stable impedance/ohm load is going to cause more amperage to be sucked from your electrical system, resulting in blowing fuses.

Id however not reccomend upgrading the fuses unless you monitor your amp temps freq for a while. But lets just say that you better prey for that thermal protection to kick on to protect the amp from over heating, because most likely the fuses arent gonna blow.

But yea. Your amp is only 2 ohm stable bridged (mono), 1 ohm stable stereo per channel.

Running your amp at 1 ohm bridged (mono), is running each channel at .5 ohms, and is what is blowing the fuses.

Hehe thats what I was thinking I'm just to lazy to type all that info this late at night.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...