Sundown Audio

Sundown Audio SA-12 Prototype

600-watts RMS / 2.5" Coil / D4 configuration

Estimated MSRP - $200 USD

ETA - Don't have one yet, will be testing prototype in a few weeks

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, it will have "Sundown Audio" on the dust cap by the time it reaches production.

Designed to be used as a pair with the SAE-1200D.

Will first be available in 12s when production is ready, then other sizes later (no 8s or 18s).

May see some changes before production but you get the idea :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Now thats a nice sub, a VERY solid entry level sub for Sundown

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Now I can give my son a graduation present, Thanks Jacob

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Man, you've got a hell of a line up from the everyday person all the way to the heavy hitters.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

So far so good in testing.

I used the old test box from the VW in the Jeep... which is ~2 cubes tuned around 30-35 Hz or so, port nearly touching the hatch (eg: very poor setup for getting numbers).

Peak still @ 50 Hz -- 138.3 dB with ~720 watts or so.

I played music with constant power from 500 - 720 watts clamped in this box for 5-10 minutes. Woofer did not display any mechanical stress except on 720-watt peaks -- will probably make the magnet stack taller for production to avoid that as the coil can contact the back plate at 26.25mm of excursion, which I was able to achieve.

I also played the 50 Hz tone for several minutes at the same power level as before - score stayed pretty constant.

I then turned the frequency up to 60 Hz and let it play... didn't really clamp the power at first but about 20 seconds in I got curious. Sub was seeing 1800+ watts clamped power and by the time I hit pause was doing so for about 40 seconds or so. Sub is still just fine.

So... probably 15 minutes or so of at least 500 watts and as much as 1800 watts on sine wave material and no issues at all.

Design seems to be meeting it's goals so far.

I want to make a top plate for my SPL box to see what it does in there as well just for kicks smile.gif

PS: I made a mistake on my spec sheet for the factory... forgot to tell them to make the coils D4 so I got S8 coils... I have two 3000s strapped on it to get this power level smile.gif

Oh yah... and most importantly the driver sounds pretty darn good to. This test box is tuned low so I was able to get a feel for the sound a typical customer will experience and I am pleased with it.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

I think thats a pretty good review, minus the single 8ohm config... lol

But 500-1800watts on a 2.5" coil is damn good

cant wait to see these bad boys

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.