Sundown Audio

Would It Damage The Amp? (1 Pic Added)

DUBIE

ok so i finally wired up my crunch pzi250.2 amp a couple of days ago...but the only thing thats bugging me is that i wired my amp on top of my woofer(box)...and the 6x9 speaker magnet is like 1inch away from the amp or less....would it damage it at all?..

Your fine with the magnent but id take the amp of the box. Might not feel the pressure of the amp on the outside but on the inside its feeling pressure! Might get lucky and nothing happen or mught be unlucky and pop goes the fosgate!

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

The magnet shouldn't be a problem, maybe it could cause some distortion or something but I doubt it.

The thing about the vibration is true though. I have my amp mounted to my box, but how you're saying it's tight, that's even worse. That will transfer the vibrations to the parts even better I would suppose.

On my setup, I have small rubber spacers holding the amp to somewhat absorb the movement, although no matter what you do the vibrations are going to be present.

I wouldn't imagine myself that it's that big a deal. My only guess is that any mechanical based components could take damage, possibly relays.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

hahaha...aight man...heres a pic i took with my phone earlier....forget the mess....i havent have time to clean all the wiring...

11-17-08_2116.jpg

EDIT: should i wire it like the my other 4channel amp?..on the the back?..for now my crunch amp is not hooked up to anything...so is just there for now...just waiting to get my fubar 12 and hook that baby up to the crunch amp..

the crunch amp is on top of my mtx 4500...if some people cant see it..

also im not gonna mix woofers..if ya guys think that..i just have my mtx for right now...until i get the other woofer

i've got my amp mounted on my wall and its holding up fine guess the back plate of my walls pretty solid

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

move the sub box to the middle??

lol...

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust