Sundown Audio

power acoustik a3000db vs bx2005d

thegr8cody

The amp was installed flawlessly, minus a lil long on the battery cable side, all wound up in a bundle by the amp. Ive installed a few thousand amps in my days, well, realistically in 12 years, high hundreds, and I never seen an amp do that. Iam buying a new one, should get here 3 business days from friday, and this one is goin back. Definitly a defective amp. But that pop was loud! Guess thats what a150-160amp 14volt explosion sounds like... lol  Iam not that mad any more, but frusterated I have a 300lb speaker box, second battery, pre amp, and a shit load of 0/1 and 2 gauge floating around in my truck, and no amp till tuesday (or monday)

I really wired the subs up perfectly in the box. I used a power cable from a 240v dryer, so I had 10/8 awg speaker wire, with factory ring terminals, and I also used alum power dist blocks from Home Depot for hi volt wiring, and 5/16" brass bolts as terminals---- just that damn amp

GRRRRRR

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i fugured it was a lemon. so is the company you bought it from replacing it for free.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

They better take it back, I havent been able to contact them yet. I found out to late they close the store 1pm east coast time, so I will be able to talk to them on monday. But I already ordered a new one, will be here tuesday... I rewired everything again, and tested with my neighbors amp, all worked fine, with and with out the BASS10, I also turned the pre out voltage down to min on the Bass10 think it was 4volts now

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

yeah that bass-10 thing comes on the highest voltage wich is like 10 volts or somethin, i forgot. it should work better on a lower setting

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

that might be it, possibly. IT DID come at highest voltage setting which is stupid, I did have gain down. And also, I was testing at about 8ohms mono, so even if it was set at 10vrms, I doubt the FETs would have exploded that way, especially with  gain down all the way on the bass10, slowly turning gain up.... oh well... tomorrows the day, and I have a new 7.0mp digi cam, ready for pics

sundown.jpg

:w00t:all right. lets get some pics up in her.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

:w00t:all right. lets get some pics up in her.

its in hurrrrr  u nub  :ninja:  :tongue:

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

that might be it, possibly. IT DID come at highest voltage setting which is stupid, I did have gain down. And also, I was testing at about 8ohms mono, so even if it was set at 10vrms, I doubt the FETs would have exploded that way, especially with  gain down all the way on the bass10, slowly turning gain up.... oh well... tomorrows the day, and I have a new 7.0mp digi cam, ready for pics

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Archived