Need Print Out Of Dimensions For My Explorer Chassis

odd situation here, but here it goes

im having a guy design me blueprints for a new bagged and stock floor body dropped chassis for my 97 explorer. problem is, he's in new york, im in florida. rather than me measuring and messing something up, id rather him have a paper in front of him showing the stock frame and all the measurements and body mounts and all, and he can use that to design my new one. i know Ford has them, and other body shops too. ive gotten 2 different documents, went through hell to get them as well, and they just arent as detailed as the guy needs to design the frame. he can design some but still needs more measurements. i understand there might be a COUPLE things that ill just have to measure myself for him, but i know the ford document should be plenty detailed enough for him to use.

ive called numerous dealers, and non will give me the print out, some say they dont have it, one said they cant give it to me becuase if something messes up ill go back to them.

if ANYONE knows someone that can get it for me somehow, id appreciate it.

its a 1997 ford explorer, 2 wheel drive, 5.0L v8, 4 door.

most dealers say their systems only go back 10 years, making them able to have access only back until 1998 or 1999, but explorers until 2001 (4 doors) had the same body style so the chassis should be the same as well. so any of those years would work unless they can get a 1997.

odd situation here, but here it goes

im having a guy design me blueprints for a new bagged and stock floor body dropped chassis for my 97 explorer. problem is, he's in new york, im in florida. rather than me measuring and messing something up, id rather him have a paper in front of him showing the stock frame and all the measurements and body mounts and all, and he can use that to design my new one. i know Ford has them, and other body shops too. ive gotten 2 different documents, went through hell to get them as well, and they just arent as detailed as the guy needs to design the frame. he can design some but still needs more measurements. i understand there might be a COUPLE things that ill just have to measure myself for him, but i know the ford document should be plenty detailed enough for him to use.

ive called numerous dealers, and non will give me the print out, some say they dont have it, one said they cant give it to me becuase if something messes up ill go back to them.

if ANYONE knows someone that can get it for me somehow, id appreciate it.

its a 1997 ford explorer, 2 wheel drive, 5.0L v8, 4 door.

most dealers say their systems only go back 10 years, making them able to have access only back until 1998 or 1999, but explorers until 2001 (4 doors) had the same body style so the chassis should be the same as well. so any of those years would work unless they can get a 1997.

remember from your first posting about your explorer ??? well i'll say it again , YOU MUST HAVE THE EXPLORER THERE WHERE YOU'RE GONNA DO THE STOCK FLOOR BODY DROP CHASSIS!!!! unless the guy has an explorer frame and body there to copy over to a frame jig , you are taking a big gamble !! why can't you have it done somewhere close to you ???? if your having trouble finding some one to do it in your area , go to a truck/car show , ask other local or in your state , truck owners or club members where they got their trucks done at and try to go that route . but if your dead set on this guy in NY , tow or ship your truck there ................ btw , having blue prints for a stock chassis is not gonna tell him how or where to make body mounts , 4-link mounts and tabs . please take my advice , you will thank me in the end when you got an ass-draggin , layed out ride that functions as good as it looks ....... :good:

you might can try a couple of body shops that have frame alignment machines... although I think they just have measurements to check the frame square after the pull out any accident damage...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

how so? hes a CAD designer, same thing as if a shop had my truck to measure on, then designed a print in CAD then built it from that..........

what he is saying is there is no real for sure way to do it without the truck there. yeah he could build something, but if he messes up your going to be out a great deal of money. he could fix it, then you have to ship the frame across the country again. it is always best to try and keep things close to home

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

not saying its 100% going to be perfect, he told me there might be minor adjustments, idk, we will see..

i dont have the money to pay someone to build it yet, and i dont really want to. i wanna get it all, cut the tubing myself, and get someone to weld it together (not like the last time) but a good welder this time. i eventually want to learn to weld as well

Edited by pimpedout97x

not saying its 100% going to be perfect, he told me there might be minor adjustments, idk, we will see..

i dont have the money to pay someone to build it yet, and i dont really want to. i wanna get it all, cut the tubing myself, and get someone to weld it together (not like the last time) but a good welder this time. i eventually want to learn to weld as well

i like that way of thinking alot more than having you have somebody weld up a frame that YOU WILL HAVE TO MODIFY . i hope your thinking this whole thing out and planning it correctly . isn't your dad a welder ??? , or someone you know , i thought that you have said that before . anyhow , you could do it your self , IF , you have an experienced welder and a mechanic ( or some one with mechanical knowledge ) , get the body off the chassis , strip the frame down , remove all rear suspension , have your welder mark the front frame after the control arms ( by the firewall ) have him Z the frame rails with your new frame material ( preferrably 3''x3'' with 1/4'' wall thickness minimum ) and build from there back adding in cross members and notches and such till your ready for the body mounts and 4-link placement , also figure in fuel and brake line placement plus gas tank placement . there are probably another hundred more litttle things also but thats just a rough outline . i know you want to be hands on with your project so DO IT !!!! just make sure you enlist the help of a ASE mechanic and a certified welder to be there with you every step of the way . take notes and a gazillion pictures every step of the way . YOU CAN DO IT !!!!! just research it alot more , all the way down to materials and such . having someone weld you up a frame that you have to re-fabricate just doesn't make any sense to me , that's alot of time and money not very well spent . so keep us informed and let me know what your planning , till then .................. :good: