2000lade's Demo/bassrace 12 15" Mojos

try different amps?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I dunno man...I still stick with my original plan....something with the batts. The fact that you get about the same amount of wattage out no matter how many amps/subs are hooked up tells me that your limiting factor is input current. I hope all works out for you. I'll stop bothering you now.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

i dont want to sound like a smart ass but u try throwin a cap in there to see what the diff is? i put one in my geo after i done the big three n i went from 14.4 to 14.10v and voltage will drop when cars off but goes back to 12v, ied try one for the hell of it, n just wonderd but what voltage would u get if u wired a 12v in parallel with a 16v? anyways dunno what would be the prob just maby try more runs of 1/0 to front battery? atleast 3? or a run of pos n neg to front but i think u already done that tho ied try another run of 1/0 to see if that helps?

you do realize that 14.4 is a higher voltage than 14.10? that means the cap hurt your voltage. lol
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Have you clamped the amps input to see what kind of current they are drawing?

What about input voltage at the amps terminals?

Check all your battery's terminals and make sure they are tight and making good contact.

Are you taking voltage measurements at different points on the bank? This will help tell you if there is a bad connection somewhere.

One thing I did notice was that you have each bank of 7 batts connected by only one piece of 1/0(+ and -)...that could be a choking point especially if all your amps are only connected to the rear-most bank.

If I think of anything else I'll chime back in.

That is the only thing that I can see problematic, I would try running more than one run of 1/0. I'm only running 4800 watts and using 4/0 to my batts. I always think overkill is better than just enough. Don't know if you tried this all ready but just trying to help.

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

as said, one run of 1/0 is only good for 3000-3500rms. you wont really get 4800 with only one run, maybe 2/0 you will.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

the damn 1/0 wire is NOT the problem. as stated, all those batteries should be able to power 2 amps for 3 seconds. (i think he said he tried 2) theres no reason why it shouldnt.

calm down ChevyBoy. let's all take sip of "calm down". regardless i hope he finds the problem soon because i see nothing but greatness out of this build.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

When your voltage drops to 10 volts, is that its lowest it goes, or do the amps shut off?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

Archived